1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rx 580 fan randomly dropping to 0 rpm

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Steviep146, 22 May 2020.

Tags:
  1. Steviep146

Associate

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Yesterday after a big call of duty update I started noticing that after I die, and then skip the kill cam, it freezes for a second and had a wierd graphical glitch like 4 inches around the screen. I also noticed that the fan stops spinning at the same time.
    I loaded up both nzxt cam software and afterburner and it does go to 0 rpm.
    I also noticed that when someone throws a smoke I get flickering in the smoke, it's only done this twice though. My card isn't overclocked.
    I've created a manual fan curve which has stopped it dropping to 0 rpm. It's still doing it but not as much and I'm not seeing the graphical issues when smoke is there.
    Thing is my tennis are great. I have a ryzen 5 1400 with 16gb ram. Cpu is at 53 degrees and GPU is at 52 degrees.
    I haven't tried any other games to see if it's related to just this one and I will do today. I will also reinstall the latest GPU drivers. It worries me is GPU related. Card is strix Rx 580 8gb version.
    Any help is most appreciated.

Last edited: 22 May 2020