• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Soldato
doesnt look that exciting at the so called msrp imo, is just too much, maybe nvidia will cut price even futher to put some clear water between the 2, even though 6600xt is quicker according to amd's cheery picked figures, there just no value there, even in a normal market

Soldato
doesnt look that exciting at the so called msrp imo, is just too much, maybe nvidia will cut price even futher to put some clear water between the 2, even though 6600xt is quicker according to amd's cheery picked figures, there just no value there, even in a normal market

Plenty of value when you actually consider that AMD are putting its products between the nv ones in the stack.

Soldato
Normally AMD offer good value for money compared with Nvidia. Great performance, lots of Vram and the consumer thanks them by giving Nvidia an 80% market share.

Now that there's a shortage of Nvidia, the consumer is FORCED to look at other options. So AMD stopped offering discounted GPUs. Karma :D

Soldato
just goes to show all along AMD is only friend with its share holders, but the bridge is burning and amd will fall once again as they always do, but this time gamers will have long memories and wont be as forgiving next time round. i for one wont be

Soldato
MSRP`s are a work of fiction just look at ocuk`s offer price for the now out of stock 3060ti , £100 more than msrp.

Somewhat better than AMD MSRPs lately! £750+ 6700XT? Yeah, nah. Price regression, don't fall for it people.

Low end gaming GPUs were £150-200 only a few years ago. Mediocre cards are now selling for more than whole games consoles and for some reasons AMD and Nvidia are posting record profits...

Soldato
Goal for 2022 is 15% dGPU marketshare, with 10% within sight by 2023.

But margins will be at 70% to compensate for consoles - so its all good,right?? Basically AMD is saying mainstream AMD GPU buyers who don't want Nvidia should get a console.

Nvidia cards can be brought for msrp though whereas AMD cards cannot.

This,as AMD CBA unlike Nvidia to partner with a local UK retailer. They think the UK is not a significant market,and now they won't ship here from the EU.Nvidia,OTH,seems to respect the UK more as a market.

I really wanted an RX6700XT,so gave up and got an RTX3060TI for £369. All my mates who wanted an AMD GPU,have just either given up or bought an Nvidia one. The AMD RRPs were not only not great,but the street price even at launch was poor.

The cheapest RX6700XT I saw was on OcUK during that forum deal and it was still nearly a £100 more.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
But margins will be at 70% to compensate for consoles - so its all good,right?? Basically AMD is saying mainstream AMD GPU buyers who don't want Nvidia should get a console.

This,as AMD CBA unlike Nvidia to partner with a local UK retailer. They think the UK is not a significant market,and now they won't ship here from the EU.Nvidia,OTH,seems to respect the UK more as a market.

I really wanted an RX6700XT,so gave up and got an RTX3060TI for £369. All my mates who wanted an AMD GPU,have just either given up or bought an Nvidia one. The AMD RRPs were not only not great,but the street price even at launch was poor.

The cheapest RX6700XT I saw was on OcUK during that forum deal and it was still nearly a £100 more.

Exactomundo! :(

Soldato
Somewhat better than AMD MSRPs lately! £750+ 6700XT? Yeah, nah. Price regression, don't fall for it people.

Low end gaming GPUs were £150-200 only a few years ago. Mediocre cards are now selling for more than whole games consoles and for some reasons AMD and Nvidia are posting record profits...

Thats not `manufacturers suggested retail price` though , thats the add in board makers price, complete difference. Have you missed the entire pandemic and the lack of core materials for computers on the entire planet? Ford have car parks full of F150`s waiting for computers Ford F-150 pickups trapped in Detroit lot amid semiconductor shortage (freep.com) , the sales lead time for an A class Merc with wifi connect pack is 15 months. Prices are going up on everything.

Soldato
Not to mention the AIBs who despite making out they were forced to raise prices as they were struggling to make ends meet are also onto record profits.

The whole situation is one big scam.
margins have gone up. i seen some results yesterday somewhere i think was amd margin have rocketed, so are making a fortune

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom