rx 6800 build, £1000 w/o gpu

Associate
To my surprise I managed to get rx 6800 which will be delivered tomorrow. Looking for some advice about the best build I can get mainly for gaming with around £1000 remaining.

I have also ordered ryzen 5 5600X but seems like I am not getting it any time soon (800th in the queue 5 days ago) so perhaps may need to cancel it and get something else.

Hoping to get some of the components with discounts on Black Friday. If there are some obvious things to avoid buying- would really appreciate the suggestions.

Need a monitor but no windows/HDD.

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £806.83 (includes shipping: £15.90)

The 3600 is available for £180 elsewhere so pick that up, and then maybe sell it on when your 5600x arrives? you will take a hit but if you want to get up and running straight away then its the best option.

Money left in the budget if you wanted to go up to 32gb ram or grab a AIO cooler etc. May grab a good deal on black friday for either of them also.

Associate
OP
The 3600 is available for £180 elsewhere so pick that up, and then maybe sell it on when your 5600x arrives? you will take a hit but if you want to get up and running straight away then its the best option.

Money left in the budget if you wanted to go up to 32gb ram or grab a AIO cooler etc. May grab a good deal on black friday for either of them also.

Thanks!

Hmm indeed, I could just buy a temporary processor now. I think might be able to get https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...cessor-retail-100-100000279wof-cp-3c5-am.html for the same price as 5600X. Is the 3800xt significantly worse than 5600x?

I have absolutely no clue about coolers. Which one do you think would be a good option? Assuming I get some good deals and will have about £100 left.

Associate
OP
Eh..totally forgot about the monitor! May not have a lot of left over after all so perhaps may need to increase the budget slightly / hope to save on deals.

Would appreciate monitor options (non curved!).

I'd go with a Noctua NH-D15 cooler

Thanks for the suggestion, will keep that one in mind.

Associate
Eh..totally forgot about the monitor! May not have a lot of left over after all so perhaps may need to increase the budget slightly / hope to save on deals.

Would appreciate monitor options (non curved!).

Thanks for the suggestion, will keep that one in mind.
If you need funds for a monitor than you can save 50% by getting the arctic esports cooler. Some bargains in the ocuk news section. Depends what resolution you’re looking for though.

Back
Top Bottom