• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6800 Dual Monitor Setup Crashing

Associate
Hi guys, wanted some advice... perhaps it is a driver issue, but, when I use two monitors to game on one and watch a twitch stream on another, it crashes randomly (I can go maybe 2-4 hours before it crashes, sometimes it crashes within 15 mins). All temperatures are fine and I get no crashing on a single monitor. I read that this could be a power issue, but I have a 750W PSU which should be more than enough juice. Only other thing I can think of is my RAM? It is on the XMP profile for 3600Mhz, but it is rated for this speed on CL16. Maybe I need to tweak RAM voltage? Help please.

My pc specs are:
Mag B550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 3600XT (soon to be 5800x)
16GB CL16 3600Mhz (XMP)
750W PSU
RX 6800

Soldato
What's the PSU model #? I'd say keep everything stock for now and test that way, see if any issue arises. After that try and raise minimum frequency in AMD control panel -> performance -> tuning and see if it helps.

Associate
OP
What's the PSU model #? I'd say keep everything stock for now and test that way, see if any issue arises. After that try and raise minimum frequency in AMD control panel -> performance -> tuning and see if it helps.
It's a Corsair 750W 80+ Gold rated, got a feeling it's my RAM in the XMP mode.

Associate
There were some issues with RX 5000 series card where if you had two or more higher refresh/freesync monitors active, it could cause crashing problems in games.

They supposedly did fix it with the RX 5000 series cards on a driver from October (I think...), as I know from personal experience it definitely no longer happens (I'm using 5700XT and two monitors).

The issue may still remain with RX 6000 series?

If the crashing doesn't happen on a single monitor, I wouldn't be worried about your PSU.

Associate
OP
UPDATE: It turns out it is the system memory. My 3600 MHz XMP profile wasn't stable. I fixed this by using Thaiphoon and Ryzen DRAM Calculator to input more stable timings/settings for my RAM in the bios. Everything is working fine now. Thanks for the replies. This is my 1st venture outside of Intel, I now understand why some people said Ryzen can be a bit finicky. Gotta play around with settings rather than just plugging in and play.

Back
Top Bottom