• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX VEGA AIB Cards Information Needed?

Associate
Hey Folks Can someone please tag Someone that works at OCUK Im Currently Awaiting the Release of the Asus Strix and Gigabyte Aorus RX VEGA 56 cards, Asus said they would get released in September 1 week into October and there still not Here and Gigabyte said October 15th :(

Im Assuming there going to be in short supply so would like to speak with someone at OCUK so they can Hold one for me as without one i am Stuck without a System for the Release of D2 as Current system is 8 years old please Help?

Any Information is much appreciated

OcUK Staff
Awaiting for info, not very forthcoming because I suspect of the price will be too high as AMD are not supporting sales out at present, hence why the prices of VEGA is now much higher, which will mean AIB cards being even more expensive at which point its really a case of not worth bothering with. If I get any info from Gigabyte or Asus I shall pass it on but right now the pricing makes its not particular attractive for us.

Caporegime
Awaiting for info, not very forthcoming because I suspect of the price will be too high as AMD are not supporting sales out at present, hence why the prices of VEGA is now much higher, which will mean AIB cards being even more expensive at which point its really a case of not worth bothering with. If I get any info from Gigabyte or Asus I shall pass it on but right now the pricing makes its not particular attractive for us.

Vega has been a travesty.

Associate

Such a let down to the customer and suppliers it seems, Vega has not been great in the price/performance bracket.

Associate
Vega is like ex girlfriend that everyone wants to forget about.

Associate
Remember when so many people were convinced it would be revolutionary? Remember how people even claimed after the "Frontier Edition" was released that the "Gaming version" would somehow be 35-50% faster? Lol...

Man of Honour
Or you can afford but cannot perform and want your money back :)
100% satisfaction guarantee or full refund.

Getting down to the nitty gritty :) I like it.
Vega 56 at 360 was about right, a good buy even - It's not premium grade A meat but not bad. The prices today? Hmm I would probably rather have the hooker.

Soldato
AMD are not supporting sales out at present, hence why the prices of VEGA is now much higher

I understand you may not legally be able to answer this, but do Nvidia subsidise sales of their cards? The price gulf between Vega/1080 at the moment just seems bizarre otherwise.

Man of Honour
I thought that Vega 56 is still £360, Jesus £500 is way too much for reference card.

Yip... My ref 56 is just a tad too loud as well. Have had to put nearly £200 on top just to have silence while also having those nice clocks. Mind you that hasn't even arrived yet and I ordered it weeks ago, that's Alphacool and not AMD but still..

Associate
Remember when so many people were convinced it would be revolutionary? Remember how people even claimed after the "Frontier Edition" was released that the "Gaming version" would somehow be 35-50% faster? Lol...
Probably the same people who were talking about Skylake being a 20% uplift in IPC.

In all seriousness, I bought mine at £450 which is about right for the performance. No chance I would have spent nearly £600 for one, Freesync lock in or not.

Caporegime
Yip... My ref 56 is just a tad too loud as well. Have had to put nearly £200 on top just to have silence while also having those nice clocks. Mind you that hasn't even arrived yet and I ordered it weeks ago, that's Alphacool and not AMD but still..

I was contemplating buying a vega as soon as I could get a normal priced one. But when hearing about reference being too loud you've knocked me right off. That's my main reason I dislike my 290x

Caporegime
Was talk of November for the custom cards, but i wouldn't hold your breath.

They won't be worth buying anyway, as even the ref cards are not worth buying, £470 for a 56, when a faster custom 1080 is only £500, and a 56 matcher custom overclocked 1070 is only £350, the ref air 64 is around £60 more than a custom 1080, and the ref liquid one, which is a match for the custom 1080, is £699, for the cheapest, for £20 less, you can get a custom 1080 Ti that smashes it (30%+ faster), and even has more memory.

Im surprised these guys havn't just stopped stocking them now tbh, as just collecting dust in there, just absolutely no point in em.

Got a 1070 Ti supposedly in a couple of weeks time coming, which will no doubt match the ref 64s, and also be cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom