• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

rx5500xt running at x8 on x570 ???

Associate
Hey, has any one every came up with an rx5500xt running a PCie x8 4.0 ? I was under the impression it would run at x16. Ive been getting rather poor frames when gaming using this card much worse than a rx580 .
brand new build with an MSI x570 Tomahawk, latest Bios and latest GPU driveers. 1 x NVME and nothing else.

Soldato
The 5500 XT is only wired for x8 electrically as a cost-saving measure, so will run at that regardless. It's why the 4GB version in particular struggles in PCIe 3.0 motherboards, as it's more likely to run out of VRAM and have to transfer texture data across the half-bandwidth bus, which kills its performance. There was a minor ****storm about it when it launched.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Rade...pecials/PCI-Express-3-vs-PCI-E-4-GPU-1339415/

Associate
OP
Thanks, I just seen it was x8, I ordered the RX5500 XT Thic Pro 8Gb and its advertised as x16 (not on OC). I was checking why it wasnt runnig aswell compared to my old rx580.
Im assuming that the 5600xt is x16 ? Maybe have to changed this to either 5600xt or 1660ti, I was hitting around 40-50fps in ultra on Warzone and i was usually hittinh much higher with the rx580

Back
Top Bottom