RX8 Owners

Man of Honour
iPod only would be acceptable as long as it supports iPhone. link?

Audiolink thing - http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/940

Can't find the circuit board version now.

You will need to check the firmware version of the stereo for the mp3 and ipod version.

The factory headunit's firmware revision must be 9.55 or greater. The unit will not work on earlier firmware revisions or with 9.81 or 10.01.

To find out which revision your Mazda RX-8 has, make sure the radio (FM) is turned on, then press and hold "TEXT." Then, also press and hold "1" at the same time for a few more seconds. The LCD should then report your firmware version.

And that colour car is all wrong! ;)

Associate
Wheels don't look bad in my opinion, better than the ugly 5 spoke standards. Lovely looking car the rx8. What are your thoughts on it?

Hmm, he's been suspended, why's that?

Permabanned
OP
If it ever needs a rebuild then it needs a rebuild - there are plenty of other performance cars that are more prone for it. But its nothing like as clear cut or common as the RX7 - some only last 40k, some are still find at nearly 200k.

An offer has been made on the ST and accepted. Subsequently, I've made an offer on the RX8 which has been accepted. Job done.

Wheels need a refurb anyway, and the whole wheel will be going the same colour as the centres.

What are you hearing?

Do you mean a noise in the car or a kind of chiping outside the car at idle?

Typical clutch release bearing symptoms, slightly noisy bearing noise that co-incides with the clutch being pressed and released.

Commissario
I don't usually come in here but I saw the thread title and thought it worth a look.

A guy at work has an RX8 which he bought from new and at something around 60k (I think, it may have been a bit higher) it developed a problem which involved Mazda replacing the engine free of charge although he had to pay the labour. According to him it's quite a common problem.

Permabanned
OP
I've no interest in the hassles of changing wheels, I doubt I'd find anything else I like that are as light as these ones for the money I could sell these for pre-refurb + refurb cost.

I'm more concerned with function over form, and its not like I dislike these wheels, they have a much nicer offset than the standard wheels at least, filling the arches, rather than looking lost inside somewhere.

Man of Honour
Its a bag of worms I really don't want to open on here, but a few;

RX7, Impreza, Nikasil 6Cyl E36s to name a few.

And people are advised to avoid Nikasil E36's like the plague as well.

Not sure why you didnt just buy another Corsa VXR - after all, they are the best all round cars for less than £15k? Think you are very much out of the frying pan and into the fire with this purchase. Sure, the Focus was expensive to own but it was semi fixed cost motoring. Who knows where the costs are going with the RX8?

Whens the new house then - next month or so presumably? Or is this going to be like that other guy who sold his Z4 to 'release house capital' where by staggering co-incidence he changed his mind and decided not to buy after all :p

Back
Top Bottom