RX8 Owners

Man of Honour
I guess you got the mortgage approved with the lender accepting the fact you had the car for sale as part of the deposit or something?

Man of Honour
So if you've not yet applied for the mortgage how can you get keys by the end of the month, doesn't this sort of thing usually take ages? :p

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;16388768 said:
So if you've not yet applied for the mortgage how can you get keys by the end of the month, doesn't this sort of thing usually take ages? :p

Not if there is no chain of sale involved no.

By the end of the month, i take it he means end of May.

Last edited:

DM

DM

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;16388844 said:
Well no, 'the end of the month' = April, he didnt say 'the end of the month after this one' did he :p

Well then i would say he wont be getting the keys then, fastest i have ever done it is 5 weeks, for a no chain property i bought to let.

Caporegime
you wont get solicitors to arrange a house sale in 2 weeks

4 weeks if you harass them and generally badger them. But you wont do it in 2. You can get a mortgage in 2, but all the property searches etc.. that are required take more than a week to come back, your solicitor simply wont be able to arrange a house sale in 2 weeks. Unless you've already instructed one and he's requested the necessary searches etc.. ?

Permabanned
OP
Bit of a hick up, the other half now seems to think its unsuitable, she thinks its too loud to be carrying a baby although, I'm sure a standard exhaust would swing her on that one. But she also believes that people will think she is an/we are idiot(s) for having a sports car with a baby, despite its deliberate compromises to accommodate practicality over a usual coupé.

Any suggestions on how I justify this to a woman would be greatly received - now I've driven it, nothing else will do.

Associate
Who cares what other people think, the rx8 doesn't seem like a particularly unsuitable car for children. Besides, your car, your money = you make the decision.

Soldato
you wont get solicitors to arrange a house sale in 2 weeks

4 weeks if you harass them and generally badger them. But you wont do it in 2. You can get a mortgage in 2, but all the property searches etc.. that are required take more than a week to come back, your solicitor simply wont be able to arrange a house sale in 2 weeks. Unless you've already instructed one and he's requested the necessary searches etc.. ?

This, it can take ages. Most places say 6-8 weeks for chain free but any problems along the way can drag it out further. Paying a bit more for a good solicitor or badgering them can reduce it a bit, but even if you were buying with a suitcase full of cash, no way will you have the keys in 10 days. End of may is optimistic, but doable

Caporegime
Bit of a hick up, the other half now seems to think its unsuitable, she thinks its too loud to be carrying a baby although, I'm sure a standard exhaust would swing her on that one. But she also believes that people will think she is an/we are idiot(s) for having a sports car with a baby, despite its deliberate compromises to accommodate practicality over a usual coupé.

Any suggestions on how I justify this to a woman would be greatly received - now I've driven it, nothing else will do.

where have i heard that before

You wont win, she's jumped to the same conclusion as everybody else, new + baby = suv or people carrier as thats the car you have to have if you have a baby. Having a baby in anyything else is stupid :rolleeyes:

i hate the way women think sometimes.

Soldato
she's jumped to the same conclusion as everybody else, new + baby = suv or people carrier as thats the car you have to have if you have a baby

I remember having a drunken conversation with my gf 6 years ago about how if we did get married, id pick cars, she can do the house picking. 8 years later and 2 married she sticks to it. Thank fek.

Back
Top Bottom