RX8 Owners

Permabanned
Thats not the point, this will be 'our' main car, she will need it to get the baby around.

getting a baby in an out of an rx-8 is gonna **** her back up as well as yours, we are trying for one at the moment and I know with a 3 door ST its gonna be a pig so it might have to go in 9 months ;) shame the mk2 RS doesnt come in 5 doors

Soldato
where have i heard that before

You wont win, she's jumped to the same conclusion as everybody else, new + baby = suv or people carrier as thats the car you have to have if you have a baby. Having a baby in anyything else is stupid :rolleeyes:

i hate the way women think sometimes.

I guess he needs to get a Dodge Ram Quad Cab SRT-10 then :D ...spacious, practical ...quick, well it would be with an 8.3 litre V10 engine Viper engine :D ...drinks fuel like a champion. Perfect, it can be very loud and obnoxious yet it's practical and has room for baby stuff!

Last edited:

DM

DM

Permabanned
I guess he needs to get a Dodge Ram Quad Cab SRT-10 then :D ...spacious, practical ...quick, well tit would be with an 8.3 litre V10 engine Viper engine :D ...drinks fuel like a champion. Perfect, it can be very loud and obnoxious yet it's practical and has room for baby stuff!

LPG one of them and its a winner!

Permabanned
OP
Problem is solved.

She is keen on either a MK3 Mondeo or a MK6 Fiesta (The former being the way I'd sway, the latter being the way she's swaying).

Which leaves enough money to buy a DC2 Integra for me :)

We always needed two cars, but the second car was originally going to be a £1000 run around after I sold the Yaris - but with the latest solution, we're both happy.

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;16402533 said:
Your threads over the last few months have more U-Turns than an American city!

So now we are down to a 10 year old Honda from the nice Focus ST?

10 days until you get the keys, right?

If this is indeed the way forward, I've turned the ST into a super-handling sporty coupe, a family/shopping car and £5k. I don't think thats bad runnings to be honest.

I've always wanted a DC2 as well, I almost bought one before my VR6, but opted for the cheaper car with the view of only keeping it for about 6 months.

Things have been delayed by a week max.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've got about as much chance of being a homeowner in 2/3 weeks as onebrownstain has of being an M3 owner in 2/3 weeks. Have you even appointed a solicitor yet?

Anyway, glad you came to a solution with the car, sounds a bit roundabout to me but there you go

Permabanned
OP
I said there was a chance - I'm not telling it as fact, nor am I holding high hopes.

You are right, the Integra is probably less practical than the RX8, but then it is even cheaper to buy, more reliable and more economical.

Soldato
As above, standard turnaround for a non chain sale is 6-8 weeks, closer to the latter if it's a flat because of the leashold stuff. Good luck though!

Soldato
Bit of a hick up, the other half now seems to think its unsuitable, she thinks its too loud to be carrying a baby although, I'm sure a standard exhaust would swing her on that one. But she also believes that people will think she is an/we are idiot(s) for having a sports car with a baby, despite its deliberate compromises to accommodate practicality over a usual coupé.

Any suggestions on how I justify this to a woman would be greatly received - now I've driven it, nothing else will do.

I drive a GTO and a Prelude both with huge exhausts, with a 9month old girl, she doesn't care for the noise and it sends her to sleep in no time.

Get alpha with your other half :p

Back
Top Bottom