Ryanair customer service experiences please

Guv

Guv

Soldato
I just went to book a ryanair flight one way to gran canaria and Thomas cook returning due to the price differences on the return flight.

The thomas cook booking went through fine as I clicked to book both flights at the same time, but during booking ryanair I opened a new ryanair window to check prices for a 10 day instead of 7 day holiday, this time including return flight. The prices were too high so I continued with the other booking window. I clicked the final purchase button for the outbound flight only to be presented with an error message saying the booking might not have gone through but to check my email.. Which I did to find a booking confirmation for the return flight as well on the 10 holiday option, giving me now 2 return flights on different days due to the ryanair problem! I called ryanair immediately to be told to write a letter several times and they 'might' cancel the return flight.

Has anyone had this happen? Any experiences in dealing with ryanair?

They have an awful customer service reputation, however I have never had a problem, be aware though, as I am flying to Portugal next week I was checking things over and they have a 15kg weight limit for suitcase and they charge £20 extra for each kilo over!

Soldato
I doubt you'll get a penny back from them. Remember, this is the airline which charges you £40 if you forget to take your boarding pass to the airport!

Flying Ryanair is fine if you follow their procedures to the letter and don't expect anything which resembles customer service.

Associate
They have an awful customer service reputation, however I have never had a problem, be aware though, as I am flying to Portugal next week I was checking things over and they have a 15kg weight limit for suitcase and they charge £20 extra for each kilo over!

I flew with them for the first time last year and I found them very reliable and extremely sympathetic as we'd gone over our luggage limit in both directions by around 2 kilos and yet they didn't charge us extra.

I think it's a case of not trying it on by using huge, over-filled cabin hand luggage for which I noticed they rejected and made some people pay extra.

Soldato
Why didn't you check what you were buying before pressing confirm? Surely it came up in the basket. Ryanair are fine if you use them correctly and appreciate that they are a budget airline.

Guv

Guv

Soldato
OP
Why didn't you check what you were buying before pressing confirm? Surely it came up in the basket. Ryanair are fine if you use them correctly and appreciate that they are a budget airline.

I did - the window I had open clearly said just outbound flights and the total price I was expecting - I was quite sure of that. Unfortunately it seems due to searching in the second window something (a cookie?) purchased me what was shown in the other window a couple of mins before.

Thanks for the other replies. I've never had a problem with ryanair before but this is the first time I'm having to contact their CS.

Associate
I flew with Ryan air this week abd thought they were fine!

I loved the little fanfare because we had landed on time... Wouldn't that just be expected?!?

Permabanned
****ing hate ryanair.

Used to support them to an extent, but I feel that they are just being ******** for the sake of it now.

God help you if you lose your boarding pass. Literally...... a piece of paper with your stuff printed on it.

Ah you say, I'll just print it off again.

Nope, ryanair don't allow you to print off their website like four hours before the flight.

Scum.

Back
Top Bottom