Ryzen 1800x on the MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (BIOS UPDATE)

Associate
The system is running smoothly on BIOS update 1.7 but 1.9 is out and allows for full compatibility with the RAM up to 3000mhz. But is it worth M-Flashing up to 1.9 as I’ve read a lot about “bricked” X370s from this particular model and I’ve already had it corrupt once before which Overclockers thankfully sent me a replacement last time! If I decide to M-Flash it again and it corrupts will I still be able to get another if all fails due to the issues on MSI’s end regarding the board as they advise you too update to the most recent BUT also, advise if the system is running fine to leave it as is etc. Anyone updated to the 1.9 on this board? Should I wait for 2.0?

Associate
OP
Dont update it unless you are having issues. You can wait until platform is more stable and then maybe upgrade...

I mean games around running smoothly right now, I’m having no issues so I might just wait for a stable update, I’m running my RAM at 2760 currently just want to take advantage of the 3300mhz I have but I suppose I might just wait until 2.0 etc. It’s a shame the Motherboard doesn’t have a “Dual bios”

Associate
I mean games around running smoothly right now, I’m having no issues so I might just wait for a stable update, I’m running my RAM at 2760 currently just want to take advantage of the 3300mhz I have but I suppose I might just wait until 2.0 etc. It’s a shame the Motherboard doesn’t have a “Dual bios”
Its only few fps difference to be honest so no need to rush it...

Back
Top Bottom