• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3700X issue or is it just me?

Associate
Some weeks ago I found that new BIOS, chipset drivers etc and several other drivers we're out and decided to update everything. Before updating my idle was between 30 and 35 degrees and under load 50 - 60 degrees. I update and suddenly my temps has risen quite a bit according to MSI Dragon, center, Ryzen master HWmonitor etc. my temps are now idle 48 with spikes up in 60, benchmarking in aida64 extreme 74 - 84. Now if I remember correctly there was previously a readout of hottest temp read or hottest core do not remeber the correct wording used in ryzen master but that readout I no longer see.

Anywho I decided to do some benching with aida64 extreme (temps as described above) all is fine all cores boosting to 4.2, went to msi dragon center and enabled game boost level 11, (previously set to HW controlled) restarted ran Aida but this time when stress testing all cores are only running 1400 -1416mhz according to HWmonitor that is lowest frequency each core can run.

What did I **** up here???

Update:

Apparently I'm a tired idiot, even though I set the settings back to HW controlled game boost in MSI dragon center the software supersedes that so it will continue to stay at sw control why this forces each core to run at such a low frequncy I have no idea. After going to the BIOS setting game boost to HW control all is good and cores are now running as intended and expected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom