Ryzen 3rd Gen CPU Blocks

Associate
Hello All,

Is there any word on any CPU Blocks that have been designed to be on the new multi die layout of Ryzen 3 processors (vs single center die) ?

I have stripped my setup down to switch my 1700 with a 3900X and it occurred to me that the EK water block may not be as effective as it was on the old CPU.

Thanks In Advance

Soldato
Given the design an density, the majority of the heat issue is before the IHS. So don't expect much from a new waterblock.
Also, given the power design and FIT, you'll not benefit from throwing more voltage at it (extreme overclocking aside, of course).

Associate
OP
Given the design an density, the majority of the heat issue is before the IHS. So don't expect much from a new waterblock.
Also, given the power design and FIT, you'll not benefit from throwing more voltage at it (extreme overclocking aside, of course).

For me I use the water cooling to reduce the temperature delta from idle to max load at stock (machine is on most of time)

I appreciate that there is little room for OC on these chips outside of some serious efforts. But as the heat producing dies are no longer center of the chip I would have thought there would be some gains to be had in optimizing water flow over the 2 (or 3) dies. The IHS is soldered so I would have also thought there would be some hot spots above those dies

Back
Top Bottom