Associate
Hello.
I 've just completed a build with the following components:
cpu: Ryzen 3600 - no wrath cooler
mobo: Asus prime x370-pro
gpu: 5700XT sapphire nitro+
ram: g.skill flare x 16gb 3200 14cas
psu: super flower 450w platinum king from my old pc

So what happens. I build it and everything runs smoothly until i login to a game. After 5 minutes the pc shuts down. It tries to restart by itself 2-3 times but it cant and then i shut it from the button. I try to turn it on but nothing happens. Only after lets say 5 minutes i am able to turn it on again.
Then i run prime95 test everything seems ok while running i monitor the temps aswell from hk monitor and the exact time i press stop i get that reboot. I tried without xmp enabled and the same thing happened.
Some times i dont get system reboot but only the screen is freezing to what it was showing and i have to turn it off manually. but to remind i have to wait some minutes before it is able to boot again... :/
I also tested with my old ram crucial basilisk 3200 8 gb which doesnt seem to fix the issue.
I know the psu is only 450 but its a tier platinum shouldnt it be able to manage a stress test that does not include the gpu?

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Update bios, chipset drivers in Windows, and Windows itself if you haven't already and try again. Don't try your memory at 3200 c14 initially, try at c16 to make sure everything is working.

Associate
OP
Update bios, chipset drivers in Windows, and Windows itself if you haven't already and try again. Don't try your memory at 3200 c14 initially, try at c16 to make sure everything is working.
The windows are freshly installed and i also installed the latest drivers from Asus chipset. Bios is also updated. And i the problem persisted even by disabling the xmp and running at 2400mhz

Man of Honour
Everything set to stock ? You are on the limit of psu wattage and your psu may not be delivering the power you think.

Crashing while shuting down prime 95 seems weird.

The only real way to find out is to change the psu .

Associate
OP
Yes as far as i am aware of everything is set to stock.
I also had shut down when i tried to exit game from world of warcraft. But there i said ok i had 220 wattage consumption from gpu. Prime95 should not cause that...

Man of Honour
Yes as far as i am aware of everything is set to stock.
I also had shut down when i tried to exit game from world of warcraft. But there i said ok i had 220 wattage consumption from gpu. Prime95 should not cause that...
There are usually event logs when a shutdown occurs look into that.

I would also run memtest at stock settings see if there are any errors just to rule things out.

The only thing that's old is your psu and maybe just enough power for your system.
While there's no difinative answer a lot of you issues point towards a power problem.

Associate
OP
Hello again!
I have some extra info. I 've kept the system as it was with the new RAMS and GPU and went back to intel 6100 and i had no crash on any test.

In one case i see high temps on ryzen but i think it is odd to have restarts or frozen screens as i had even with 95C.

On the other hand the intel has 50Wattage less. But during prime 95 test the gpu remains at 25 watt in both cases so there is room for the test...

In the case of intel i also run a power hungry test from OCCT which 100% the whole system and it seemed to be stable...

Should i start suspecting faulty cpu or mobo? Or maybe i am missing something on asus bios :(

As i said in first post i can reproduce the screen freeze/restart(it seems random which one comes) if i run prime95 for more than 7-8 mins which leads to higher calculations and wattage consumption and also temps and it happens the exact moment i press stop and i see the window fade. Not while running.
You can see the images below.

Thanks a lot!

https://ibb.co/qnmJn36

https://ibb.co/FWfhpr5

**I want to add that after some more testing it shuts off even by running after 10-11 mins. I also get an event 41 in event logger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom