1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by Gibbo, 9 Oct 2020.

1. booner

Associate

What was the issue?

2. denigor777

Gangster

Noone knows for sure, according to t'internet. Mr Google (Mr Whippys' brother!) says between April '21 and March '22 or thereabouts.

3. RichL

Wise Guy

I had a 5900X with WHEA errors (and crashing at idle) and had to RMA it. I swapped it out for a 5800X with no other changes (same bios etc) and that worked flawlessly. Now running a 5950X and again no issues. Definitely recommend RMA for WHEA errors, I think on my chip it just wasn't pulling enough voltage at idle when stock.

If you RMA to AMD directly you should be able to get a replacement quickly.

4. Solz

Gangster

RMA'ed it today so should be a few days until I get it back hopefully this week or early next, but they have to test it 1st! and stock will dictate this! (definitely not RAM issue tested it with 2 different kits and lot of people having the same issue you can search for it)

I think the issue is bad silicon/cores, like some of the cores need more power than default settings, for PBO only or they just crash the system, i.e. whea errors, but I should not have to do that, and its not a simple process to work it out, it can take many days! to get 100% stable with PBO, especially if your new to how AMD zen 3 works, I came from a Intel system(6700k etc!) and it's s a lot simpler than this! and something I was more familiar with, this is very different! took a lot of searching reading, then I worked out what cores were failing! and what to do! but its not worth for me as I am couldn't justify a £750 doing this, just RMA it back!

Last edited: 8 Apr 2021 at 04:18
  5. larsbaby

Associate

I did get a code when my 5900x was shipped last week. Confirmed yesterday from AMD that the code is no longer valid. AMD should honour the code it's their fault they couldn't supply the damn CPU why we all suffer! This will just push people to pirate the game because they feel they have already 'paid for it.

6. muhotabp

Associate

Placed a 5900X in a basket for this ridicolous £699 and went to pay for it and guess what ? The price has changed to £749. I think you've lost a customer there OCuk.

7. smollions

Associate

OC scalping us to death lol

8. Destination

Capodecina

Doesn't jump for me.
    have you an odd delivery location?
    Still too much for a £540 chip, so i'll wait.

9. fizzy

Wise Guy

Noticed there were 10+ of both 5900x and 5950x in a few mins ago, at £699 and £930 - and now all gone. :eek:

Demand and prices are certainly rather crazy at the moment.

Looks like I'll be using my 3700x for a while yet...

10. Ibraheem13

Associate

thought I’d give an update on this - it arrived a lot sooner than I expected. Came yesterday. I was under the impression that I’d first receive a VAT bill or anything of that sort, and then they’d release the package to me. But nope. Just arrived as is yesterday. Now just fingers crossed they’re not planning on sending me a bill after delivery (if that is a thing?). Otherwise happy days for me I guess. £550:- inc postage during March. Sounds like a dream tbh.

11. denigor777

Gangster

Ah yes, but now you'll have to put up with everything on your screen using Americsn spelling. And American accents in games. And 5 times as many adverts, for American fast food, when watching Youtube.

;)

12. Ibraheem13

Associate

Are you serious

13. Destination

Capodecina

Yes, the smiley wink means complete lack of levity.
    You're in trouble bro, it'll start asking you to buy guns, and then ask you to ban them, and it'll tell you communism is a lie, even if you've never heard of it.

14. Ibraheem13

Associate

:eek::D

15. larsbaby

Associate

Sad isn't it. All the extra money they are making off customers now how many customers are they going to lose. I know I've spent over £2k with other vendors since their GPU launch. I can't be the only one.

16. IceWind

Hitman

picked up a retail 5950x at the start of the week for £739... current price today on overclockers £949...

17. Jerry64

Wise Guy

18. Fallen_Tyrael

Associate

No he is right its £960, £210 more than the price on page 1.

19. IceWind

Hitman

20. OM3GA

Gangster

Im sure it will sell out too, so they wont care.