Ryzen 5600x Bundle Upgrade - Suggestions?

Associate
I've been running my Intel i5 4670K at 4ghz OC on a Gigabyte Z87X-OC for somewhere like 6 years now, and it just doesn't cut it anymore. I've sinced upgraded my graphics to a 2070 Super and that made a big difference but there's a lot of bottlenecking going on.

Cyberpunk was the clincher, but I've also started work on intensive photogrammetry, and play VR too. So I'm finally biting the bullet and upgrading to get everything smooth again. Looking to replace my motherboard, cpu and ram.

I've firmly settled on the idea of a Ryzen 5600X. It just does everything I need at a very competetive price. The question is what to pair with it at a budget ideally under £650.

RAM seemed fairly easy choice, 3600mhz and 16gb with the best CAS timings possible. So I've gone with:

Team Group 8Pack RIPPED Edition 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C14 3600MHz

Photogrammetry does benefit from more ram, but games do not particularly. So I figured I'd save some money here and just stick with 16gb.

Motherboard I'm least decisive on. All it needs is the ability to do basic overclocks, and a bunch of USB ports. I'm leaning towards one of these two:

Asus Prime X570-P (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk (AMD AM4) B550 ATX Motherboard

Both at £170. What should I go for? Or any other suggestions?

Lastly, I'm not going to bother upgrading the CPU cooler straight away. Going to use the stock one until next paycheck!

Sorry for big post. Hope you guys can help. Ta

Associate
OP
As good as that ram is you can get 32 gig for the same money but with slower timings.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £158.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Either will do fine. If you want to run 2*m.2 drives I would go for the x570 as it has more pcie lanes on it.

Thanks. Not sure how I missed those ram sticks. I checked out the Corsair Vengeance, but gave it a pass. That one's a bunch more tempting.

As for the m2 drives. I have to admit I googled that. Clearly must be a new thing, I had no idea they existed. Tempting, but will probably leave it for now. Although getting the x570 for future proofing for it seems wise.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Ok so I realised I had a £50 Amazon voucher I picked up from work, so can get a cooler with that. But now I'm not sure what to get. A lot of sources say the Hyper 212 is the go to choice, if you don't want to splash out on a Noctua. But I'm also seeing some all-in-one water cool kits for around the same price. Any advise here?

Associate
OP
Order placed! Went for the 5600, Asus board and Patriot ram. I'll look into that cooler, thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom