• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5900X on Asus X570-P motherboard

Associate
I was one of the lucky few to be able to get hold of a Ryzen 5900X on release day.

I installed the processor into my motherboard. Did a clean Windows 10 Pro installation including the latest chipset drivers from AMD.com and ran a couple of tests.

When I run Cinebench R20, within a few seconds, the CPU goes from 35 degrees to 87 degrees as reported by Ryzen Master. It never goes past 4.3Ghz.

Single thread score of only 612 but multi thread score is about right compared to the published reviews.

Has anyone else got the Ryzen 5900X on this motherboard but getting better single thread performance in Cinebench R20? I seem to be off by 20 - 25 points.
Are you getting better boost than me?
Trying to figure out if it is the motherboard BIOS immaturity or processor silicon lottery.

Also, on a side note, the Ryzen power plan option does not appear, just the default windows options:

Specs:

Ryzen 5900X
Asus X570 Prime-P (2812 Beta Bios) DOCP enabled
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 Gb 3600 Memory (On QVL list for board)
Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler (Kept Ryzen 3900X below 80 degrees in same scenario)

Windows Spec:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on 06/11/2020
OS build 19042.610
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Caporegime
Your single core score is not far off where it should be so dont worry too much.

Are you on the latest BIOS for your board? If not you should be. Update here > https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-P/HelpDesk_BIOS/

You should use the default Windows power profile with the 5000 series, no longer any need to use the power profile.

Go into the BIOS and look for the Precision Boost Overdrive section and set it to enabled, set auto OC to 200Mhz and Scalar to x10, also enable PBO FMAX.

See if that improves things. If it does you can try setting the PBO, PBO Scaler and Auto OC options back to default and just keep PBO FMAX enabled.

If you get instability like idle crashes with PBO FMAX enabled, disable it.

Back
Top Bottom