• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7 1700 should i overclock it?

Associate
So hey Folks my system is in the description for anyone wondering so i know my CPU has XFR so it boosts to 3.75ghz on certain cores under Heavy Load.

Im Currently using just the stock Wraith Spire cooler which seems to be doing well and is very quite it hits around 55-60c under full Load.

So was Wondering if Overclocking my chip to say 3.8ghz would help and would running it at the stock voltage be a problem i would be aiming for a max Temperature of 70c.

I mainly play games and plan on doing Live-streaming and Video Production i need the overclock to be very stable and last me at least another 2 years as will prob upgrade in 2020 to some new CPU.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Associate
Easy OC to 3.7 or 3.8ghz but you depending on how good your chip is, 3.8 may require a decent bump in volts and your stock cooler may struggle with temps without running it too fast and loud.

Associate
OP
Yea I'm not back home yet but gonna try running 3.7ghz at 1.3v and run some Prime95 to see how the temperatures are looking then will start dialing down the Voltage hoping to run it at around 1.25v

Associate
look at temps under normal conditions - any decent aircooler will let the chip run 1.325 volts. you should see a decent improvement in video render times going from standard to 3.7

Back
Top Bottom