• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen ClockTuner

Caporegime
Apparently this will be released at the end of the month been following the creator on twitter.

An extra 10 percent performance and massive undervoltage potential at the touch of a button.i just can't wait. I just hope my cpu is supported he says not all of them will be

Caporegime
Can't wait to try this on my 3900x, though i dislike the need for ryzen master

Ryzen master is a must because his software uses that to make the actual changes.

You should hopefully see a big improvement in efficiency and hopefully less heat being outputted overall.

It's a shame this is windows only would have liked to have used on my 3600 in my unraid server

Caporegime
Ryzen master is a must because his software uses that to make the actual changes.

You should hopefully see a big improvement in efficiency and hopefully less heat being outputted overall.

It's a shame this is windows only would have liked to have used on my 3600 in my unraid server

Which is a shame, as you can't use virtulisation and ryzen master :/

Associate

Could you run it on a VM? Not that I've tried as I currently don't have any VMs on my unraid server everything is now in Docker containers?

Caporegime
Could you run it on a VM? Not that I've tried as I currently don't have any VMs on my unraid server everything is now in Docker containers?

No idea if that would work and you would also need the VM running 24/7 if you did. I use the gpu for transcoding so I'd need to get another gpu

Soldato
This does look interesting. I'm hoping it will just list the settings it is going to change, similar to the DRAM calculator, and you can just enter them in your self.

M.

Associate
Looking forward to seeing people's before and after.

I'm not expecting much, but excited none of the less.

Stock cinebench =7050
Pbo off = 7200
Undervolt@ 0.102 = 7400
Clock tuner =???

Soldato
I think we've seen enough evidence that it can improve cinebench scores, I'm interested in what happens for gaming workloads.

Might run ashes before/after to see if there are any gains.

Associate
What are some good benches to run before and afterwards? I currently just use Cinebench.

Might be nice to agree a set for us all to use, so we can make some comparisons.
Along with details about your setup.

Soldato
Difficult because not all benchmarks are free.

I will personally run Cinebench just for an idea of what it can achieve, and then Ashes of the singularity and Gears of War 5 benchmark modes as both give you a good idea of how your CPU is performing in the metrics.

Back
Top Bottom