• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

S.754 - 3000 Venice v 3700 Claw - Best O'C?

Man of Honour
Andyp wrote
Even more so now i've seen this!!

Bloody hell !!!!!! :eek:

Bugger, bugger, bugger!

I knew that would be one hell of an overclocker which is why i tried to find the damn things for months after they were announced.

Emlyn_Dewar wrote
Wouldn;t be comfortable running those volts through the core though...

We could'nt anyway Emlyn. The most i can get for mine is 1.6v. I really hope they will correct that in a new bios. :(

Permabanned
Hefner said:
Might get one of those next

You'll be looking at a rather expensive air-fare if you want one!

by the way, which part of sheffield you from, i used to live in devonshire green, just at the side of the new-ish west one development.

Associate
What sort of volts is alright to put through a 130nm processor (Edit: on air that is) if you all don't mind the slight hijack? Im wondering if its worth tinkering with my 2800 newcastle core.

Edit2: Thank you :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Emlyn_Dewar said:
I've stuck 1.7 through mine on air before... I don't recommend it though, maybe 1.65 max if you are feeling brave.

I agree. I put 1.7V through my claw when finding my max but drop back to around 1.65 for everyday use.

Andyp said:

My aunt is coming over from America mid Feb and I'm toying with the idea of ordering one and getting it sent to her house. I'm sure she could smuggle it into the country for me. ;)

Soldato
andyp said:

by the way, which part of sheffield you from, i used to live in devonshire green, just at the side of the new-ish west one development.

Live up Ecclesall Road, opposite the Somerfield.

I'm currently running just over 1.7v through mine, but that is watercooled. Temps are always really low too. Hotest it's ever been was 35 degrees in my parents insanely warm house after a 2 hour Battlefield session.

Associate
Do your mobo's have a pci lock? I've got a s754 sff system and I can't clock it to save it's life. Have the latest bios but I can't seem to change ram dividers or the HTT multiplier and without a pci lock i'm also restricted. Anything I can do, was hoping for 2.6 out of my 3700claw.

Soldato
Allegedly you don't need one for the DFI board but people generally set the AGP bus frequency to 67 just to be on the safe side.

What mobo are you using?

Back
Top Bottom