1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Chipset Voltage

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Mul, 19 May 2006.

1. Mul

Wise Guy

Hi,

I am giving a shot at finding my CPU's max stable speed. i've always ran, between 2.6 and 2.8Ghz, but havn't bothered much, trying to go higher. At 2.9Ghz 322HTT I get an instant error in SuperPi, even with the 16K test. This makes me think my motherboard doesn't like higher HTT's as I had issues past 300 HTT with similar errors. To resolve it in the past I had LDT Voltage set to 1.3V and chipset to 1.6V.

I am wondering whether it is safe for me to put 1.7V through my chipset? Idle NB temps are around 43 and load is around 50 at present.

Thanks

Mul

2. Minstadave

Caporegime

It should be fine provided your temps remain under control, maybe consider reseating the cooler with AS5 to knock a degree or two off the temps. I'm not sure how much effect it would have, but certainly give it a try.

3. iraiguana

Mobster

could try and get a zalman northbridge cooler and then have a very very slow 120mm fan around there.

4. Mul

Wise Guy

right thanks. will give it a go. Almost certain it's the motherboard as it refuses to do 322*8 as well. Tried a 2.5* and 2* ldt multi as well, but no go.

Mul

5. Minstadave

Caporegime

I've found things get buggy when you hit the low ldt multis, changing the chipset or LDT voltages has never really bought any gains for my board.

6. Mul

Wise Guy

I'll keep that in mind. :)

Thanks

Mul