• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Safe CPU temp !!!

Associate
OP
I aint got a rear case fan , i hate the noise :( Too much downloading off edonkey at nighttime, pc in my bedroom you see. I lowered my volts to 1.350 and ran prime but it failed, so alarm went off. So i put the volts upto 1.375 and prime works ok now.My pc doesnt feel hot inside, and i know i have just got to get the right balance between the cpu/mem and this heat thing,lol. All new to me you see. I really happy though as i paid £135 off ebay for my opteron 165, so i got a real bargain.Only thing i hate about my motherboard is that asus seem to rename everything in the bios. Its so hard to understand and get to grips with, like the cpu multiplier is under FID/VID or something like that.I have used asus boards for about 8 years now and i think they are very good. I would have gone for the DFI but i dont like that crossfire stuff. Not that im knocking crossfire, i just have no hassle with my BFG 7800gtx running in full PCI-e 16 mode.Mind you, i dont run sli yet, but i may :) I know i got the worse stepping opti, but for £135, i really cant moan, and it was new :)

Back
Top Bottom