Saints Row IV

Soldato
* I couldn't for the life of me find a thread on this, please lock/delete if there is one (and let me know the link) :) *

Having only played about 9 hours of Saints Row: The Third, and being far from completing it, I'm not entirely sure if I'll bother with Saints Row IV, it's seems a shame to move on from SR3 for the sake of it, when really I should be completing it.

Anyway, IV has got me interested. At first I was thinking it's gone way over the top and it's not my cup of tea, with all the aliens and stuff, but it does just look like a damn fun game!

I particularly like the dubstep gun:

I also think the super powers could bring a really interesting new element to the game.

Anyway, who else is looking to pick this up? With GTA V just around the corner it could be a good distraction until that comes out, and just generally a good drop in game when you fancy causing some havoc!

It's released on 20th August in NA and 23rd August in EU.

My other question is, PC or Xbox? I have SR3 on PC, but I'd like my girlfriend to be able to play as well, and although I have a 360 pad for my PC, if I can get her playing this on Xbox it means I can be playing something else on my PC at the same time :p

Official Trailer

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Played and finished all 3 SR games so far, have no doubts I will love this one just as much. Not sure if it's a release day purchase for me or not, but I'll definitely get it pretty soon afterwards.

Soldato
The ideal middle ground for me would be somewhere between San Andreas and Saints Row 2, although Saints Row 3 + 4 are great to just **** about and have a laugh with.

I still remember Saints Row 2 Co-op and in one cut scene we were attending a funeral dressed as a pirate and astronaut :D Saints Row 3 wasn't as memorable for things like that, since most missions just ended up turning into ***** bat fights to the death while playing co-op.

Soldato
Didn't think much of SR3 at all, it looked very unpolished and crude compared to GTA4 and 'missions' seemed to consist of "Go here and do this crap mini-game". Vehicle handling was still diabolical too, same as SR2.

I'll be avoiding this one, with GTA5 released just a few weeks later, I can't see the point (although they do appear to have gone in very different directions now).

Soldato
OP
Yeah the driving is terrible, but I have found the variety of over the top missions great in SR3. If I could spend 3 hours straight playing SR3 or GTA IV, I'd go SR3, which is saying something as I was one of the people who loves GTA IV.

SR4 and GTA V will offer completely different things, even though they're both open world shooter/driving games.

Soldato
SR3 was a POS imo so I'll be skipping this release as a purchase I may rent it to see if any improvements have been made.

but for those interested this is really what 3 should have been as most of this stuff was held back from the game,shame really as SR2 is one of the better games to be released and it's not often a game downgrades.

I'm actually glad this series is to die with this game, they didn't listen to anything off the forums.

NO clothing updates at all, and their reasoning is that it's too hard with 2 player frames to work off... I know devs are lazy but that is a new low lol

Soldato
I got SR3 free with a graphics card and always thought it was a lame version of GTA before I played it. Then I played it and I was hooked, it's a million times more fun than GTA and the stupidity of it was it's best feature. Probably one of the few games I've played to completion and then carried on playing.

Will be buying SR4 though probably not at full asking price, I'll wait for it to come up in sales.

Back
Top Bottom