Saitek Evo Wireless Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I just ordered a Saitek Evo Wireless Joystick from OCUK that arrived today, however i've unfortunately had no luck getting it to work. I followed the installation instructions and can get the device visible on the device manager and game controller section, but when i try and test the joystick, the crosshair doesn't move. I've tried new batteries, pressing the reset button for 20+ seconds, but still, nothing.

Is it also possible to send it back to OCUK if i can't get it to work and replace it with the cabled version and if so, how do i go about doing so?

Associate
I had a sort of similer problem back when I got mine. When I got it to show up in device manager it had the yellow exclamation mark on it and wouldn't work at all in any of my USB ports. Most of the time it would show up as an unknown device and such. I tried many solutions such as going to the properties of each usb root hub and unchecking the box that says "allow the computer to turn off the device to save power".

None of what I tried worked, some people said it was because the reciever wasn't getting enough power from the USB ports, so out of interest I went out and brought a cheap USB PCI card to try. Once the PCI card was installed, I plugged the joystick reciever in and it worked perfectly.

Soldato
You'll have to contact the shop regarding RMA's. I think you need to leave them a webnote with your order number, send it back and they'll replace it or refund (?) in a few days time..

Soldato
OP
Hey Daniee, thanks for the reply. I actually do have a USB powered Belkin hub which i thought would do it, but alas no go. I've already left a webnote for a full refund. I think i'll go with a Logitech cabled joystick this time. The drivers are much more XP friendly despite the lack of aesthetics.

Thanks Benjo for the heads up. Shame i'm gonna lose out £8 on P&P!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom