Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Soldato
I had similar issues with black screens on cold boot, and occasional resume issues with the CHG90. Nvidia drivers fixed the resume issue, and to fix the cold boot black screens you need to disable windows fast start. I've not had any issues with the CRG9 yet, but I haven't re-enabled fast startup since then.

Associate
Could someone confirm the viability of the split picture?

I want to be able to connect PC to 1 input and output from HDBaseT (HDMI) then display both side by side. Ideally with the PC showing as its in 'full screen' mode so its suitable for gaming.

Is this possible? Does it work? Any tradeoffs (ie whats the hz rate on a game)

Thanks

Soldato
Got 2 of these for work, great screens, im currently running them 24/7, when i went to the Samsung show room they couldn't promise no burn in which was disappointing so currently trying to break them on a test rig.

Associate
Have any of you guys got a CRG9 or even the previous 1080 model and use it for sim racing?

I want this but only for use with my sim rig. I currently use a 55" 4K TV, am i correct in thinking the CRG9 will give me a great FOV than my current 55" Tv at its native resolution?

Thanks

Associate
FOV on your 55" is greater than the 49" since the horizontal dimension of the 55" is slightly wider. (122v 119) according to screen size calculator.

Resolution has nothing to do with FOV, only size and how close you sit determine your correct FOV you should set in your chosen sim.

Associate
Could someone confirm the viability of the split picture?

I want to be able to connect PC to 1 input and output from HDBaseT (HDMI) then display both side by side. Ideally with the PC showing as its in 'full screen' mode so its suitable for gaming.

Is this possible? Does it work? Any tradeoffs (ie whats the hz rate on a game)

Thanks

Anyone who owns able to confirm before I push the button?

Associate
My 2080 just about copes with the previous generation 49 ( a lot less pixels ).

I think to do this one justice a TI is needed.

or a super 2080 maybe depending how much faster they are

Soldato
My 2080 just about copes with the previous generation 49 ( a lot less pixels ).

I think to do this one justice a TI is needed.

or a super 2080 maybe depending how much faster they are

Damn.

How do you guys think the previous generation's resolution would look on this monitor until I get can grab a 2080ti? Would it look like a blurry mess?

Associate
I love it but I have bad eyesight so like things larger. For normal people I would recommend you get the new 49 generation screen and use the 2080 you have. It will work fine just drop some display settings. We are all used to ultra on everything these days

Soldato
I love it but I have bad eyesight so like things larger. For normal people I would recommend you get the new 49 generation screen and use the 2080 you have. It will work fine just drop some display settings. We are all used to ultra on everything these days

Thanks, which do you prefer out of the AW34 inch and ur ultrawide 49 incher?

Soldato
:cool:

Samsung C49RG90SSU 49" 5120x1440 VA FreeSync 2 120Hz QLED 32:9 Curved Gaming Monitor @ £1,249.99 inc VAT

5120x1440 Display Resolution, 49" Screen Size, HDR 1000, 4ms Response Time, FreeSync 2, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Height Adjust, HDMI, DP

Only £1,249.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Dual QHD Display
The CRG9’s 5120 x 1440 Dual QHD resolution provides a super ultra-wide aspect ratio that lets you view more content in superfine detail. With screen space equivalent to two 27-inch QHD displays side by side, the 49-inch curved monitor delivers a wider view for winning play.

Super Ultra-Wide Curve
With a Super Ultra-Wide 32:9 ratio, the CRG9 curves around your field of view to immerse you in all the onscreen gaming action.

HDR1000 and QLED
HDR1000 supports a peak brightness rating of 1,000 nits for true high dynamic range (HDR content). And with Samsung QLED technology delivering DCI-P3 95%, colors are purer, brighter and truer to life than ever.<br>

AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2
Based on the adaptive sync technology of the original AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR Technology to reduce stutter and screen tearing, premium features in FreeSync 2 include support for HDR content display, reduced input latency, and Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) for effortlessly smooth gameplay.<br>

120 Hz Refresh Rate
The rapid 120 Hz screen refresh rate minimizes image lag and motion blur for smoother gaming. The user-friendly 60 Hz settings let you quickly optimize performance via the on-screen display without having to access the display setting menu.<br>

Play to Win
The game-optimized monitor is designed to let you play to win. Turn on Game Mode to instantly adjust contrast and color settings for any game genre, switch to Low Input Lag Mode for even faster response times, and target your enemies more accurately with Virtual Aim Point onscreen crosshairs.<br>

Picture-by-Picture
With Picture-by-Picture you can connect and view input sources without degrading the original image quality. Picture-by-Picture offers convenience for PC games. For example, you can watch a movie and do a web search whilst playing your favorite game.

Eye Comfort
Eye Saver Mode reduces fatigue-inducing blue light emissions and Flicker Free technology suppresses distracting screen flicker, letting you play for longer with less eye strain.<br>

Optimized Viewing
The swivel/tilt and height-adjustable stand offers all the flexibility you need to position the screen for maximum comfort. The panel’s VESA Standard mount also offers the option of mounting on VESA-compatible arms.<br>

Any news on restock?

Associate
Thanks, which do you prefer out of the AW34 inch and ur ultrawide 49 incher?

Tough one - the AW34 is pretty much compatible with all modern games. The 49 though seems to be only Racing / MMO / Battlefield / New Triple AA games like latest COD.

It would depend on what games you play. If you like PUBG do not go with the 49

Soldato
Tough one - the AW34 is pretty much compatible with all modern games. The 49 though seems to be only Racing / MMO / Battlefield / New Triple AA games like latest COD.

It would depend on what games you play. If you like PUBG do not go with the 49

Thanks... ahh tough one. I like a huge variety of games from Deus Ex to Dark Souls to CEMU BOTW to dishonored.. really like Tactical RPGs too... Not really into battlefield etc.

Yeah the compatability is making me think twice with the Samsung. As much as I love the look of it and the level of immersion seems incredible, I'm not a very good tinkerer.

I did compare a first gen 21:9 to the sammy today.. but it seemed unfair as the first gen had no curve which i realised is kind of ideal for a lot of games. Surely with the Samsung you can just 21:9 and live with black bars for unsupported games or am I being thick?

Back
Top Bottom