Samsung 970 Evo Plus installation issue

Associate
Hi all,

I've just today installed a new 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Evo onto my motherboard, with the intention of it being a storage device and not to be the boot drive.

However, the PC keeps trying to boot off of the 970 and not my pre-existing boot drive. When I've gone to change the boot options in the BIOS, the 970 is the only visible drive.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Asus Rog Strix B350 mobo

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

Soldato
Hi all,

I've just today installed a new 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Evo onto my motherboard, with the intention of it being a storage device and not to be the boot drive.

However, the PC keeps trying to boot off of the 970 and not my pre-existing boot drive. When I've gone to change the boot options in the BIOS, the 970 is the only visible drive.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Asus Rog Strix B350 mobo

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

What's your other drive (sata 2.5"/ sata m.2 , HDD or m.2 NVMe ?

Pending on which,nyour boards layout and where you've plugged it into, drive might not be readable

Associate
OP
What's your other drive (sata 2.5"/ sata m.2 , HDD or m.2 NVMe ?

Pending on which,nyour boards layout and where you've plugged it into, drive might not be readable

I've got a Samsung EVO 850 SSD as my Windows drive, along with a Sata 2.5 HDD as a storage drive. These have been left as they are and the M.2 NVMe has been installed into the board.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Soldato
Not sure it's covered in the manual tbh, i did have a quick skim through and couldn't find anything making this clear.

At least you have a good idea of what's going on and have your issue sorted now. :)

Back
Top Bottom