Samsung Galaxy Note: 5.3", 1200x800 SuperAMOLED, S-PEN stylus, 2500mAh attery... *phew*

Associate
Can you try downloading Amazon Kindle app or Aldiko and trying an ebook to see what its like reading on that screen for a while?

Also some comments on call quality woudn't go amiss :)

Here's what ebook look like on Aldiko (very clear and legible).

Also call quality is very good (not excellent) in phone.

Associate
Well I can afford to be impatient by selling my old stuff. Let's be clear I also have three iPhones (4S, 3GS and original), a HTC Titan, an iPad 2 and that Note that is coming tomorrow.

I can quite happily do without my Evo 3D (3D is a gimmick) and the Galaxy Tab which although cool and limited edition i never use as I have an iPad.

1 day auctions are made for impatient people! However I have done well with them before and I know how to get a decent price using eBay. I don't undersell anything that is worth more and I wouldnt sell the Evo for less than £400 for example so I'm not really losing much money. We will see how much the Tab goes for.

However I totally agree logic would have me wait and get it as an upgrade but selling those devices gives me some extra cash and if I do end up getting it on contract I'll get a refund or sell it as new (which it will be) so I don't see myself making a loss.

Last edited:
Associate
My understanding is no where does it a 12 month contract. You can get it on an 18 month contract through O2 using Phones4u - no where else seems to have this phone.

Of course if your due an upgrade on O2 then you can get a 12 month contract using that but it would again have to be done using a third party as O2 do not currently show the Note on their site despite Samsung flashing their name up in the announcement press conference!

Soldato
Well I can afford to be impatient by selling my old stuff. Let's be clear I also have three iPhones (4S, 3GS and original), a HTC Titan, an iPad 2 and that Note that is coming tomorrow.

I can quite happily do without my Evo 3D (3D is a gimmick) and the Galaxy Tab which although cool and limited edition i never use as I have an iPad.

1 day auctions are made for impatient people! However I have done well with them before and I know how to get a decent price using eBay. I don't undersell anything that is worth more and I wouldnt sell the Evo for less than £400 for example so I'm not really losing much money. We will see how much the Tab goes for.

However I totally agree logic would have me wait and get it as an upgrade but selling those devices gives me some extra cash and if I do end up getting it on contract I'll get a refund or sell it as new (which it will be) so I don't see myself making a loss.

It's quite obvious logic doesn't matter to you.

iPhone, 3GS, 4GS, iPad2, HTC Titan, EVO 3D, Galaxy Tab, Note

...really?

Associate
It's quite obvious logic doesn't matter to you.

iPhone, 3GS, 4GS, iPad2, HTC Titan, EVO 3D, Galaxy Tab, Note

...really?

What difference does it make to you?

I don't get why people feel the need to be smart arses on this forum so much.

It's his life and his money, I dare say there are things in your life that wouldn't look logical to us. Maybe we would just have the good manners not to feel the need to post a smug comment about it.

Soldato
Here's what ebook look like on Aldiko (very clear and legible).

Also call quality is very good (not excellent) in phone.

That pic is a screenshot rather than a photo right? If so it is showing the state of the screenbuffer, that's not the same as it'll look on the actual screen due to it being a PenTile matrix display.

Soldato
What difference does it make to you?

I don't get why people feel the need to be smart arses on this forum so much.

It's his life and his money, I dare say there are things in your life that wouldn't look logical to us. Maybe we would just have the good manners not to feel the need to post a smug comment about it.

Well the difference it makes to me is exactly the same difference my comment made to you. I don't agree with his logic behind all those devices, and you don't agree with me being a smart arse. Both comments we commented on warranted a reply from us, so ultimately you're contradicting your argument by questioning my motives.

This is a forum after all, what do you expect?

Associate
I agree that no one needs that many devices. I also agree that it isn't logical.

But that's my passion to have the coolest technology.

Anyway my note has shipped so I will let you guy know what
I think tomorrow.

Associate
What he meant is that when you take a screen shot it doesn't show the quality of the screen it only shows the resolution of the screen - if there was a giant scratch down the screen you wouldn't know if from a screen shot.

I think he wanted a macro close up shot of the Note screen to see the actual pixel density and colouring up close.

Caporegime
OP
What he meant is that when you take a screen shot it doesn't show the quality of the screen it only shows the resolution of the screen - if there was a giant scratch down the screen you wouldn't know if from a screen shot.

I think he wanted a macro close up shot of the Note screen to see the actual pixel density and colouring up close.

For me it was good to see the amount of real estate the screen had... ive already seen how good the text is in other pics. :)

Back
Top Bottom