Samsung Galaxy Note: 5.3", 1200x800 SuperAMOLED, S-PEN stylus, 2500mAh attery... *phew*

Soldato
Having waited a few months past my vodafone contract finishing to get a galaxy nexus or galaxy note, I phone up vodafone only to be told "nope, we're definitely not getting the note, and the nexus is delayed because we found some software issues (read; they're overschedule and doing a crap job of adding all the voadafone crap to it).

What would people suggest as the best tariff and network? Mostly interested in data speeds, so minutes not as important.

Permabanned
Having waited a few months past my vodafone contract finishing to get a galaxy nexus or galaxy note, I phone up vodafone only to be told "nope, we're definitely not getting the note, and the nexus is delayed because we found some software issues (read; they're overschedule and doing a crap job of adding all the voadafone crap to it).

What would people suggest as the best tariff and network? Mostly interested in data speeds, so minutes not as important.

Is there a particular reason for you getting it through Vodaphone directly? I've got a Galaxy Note that's on Vodaphone and I got it through Phones For You.

Associate
Have any good deals come up for this? How you guys finding it, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this since the Nexus came out.

I got mine today, £460 sim free from the German rainforest place.

I was a bit unsure how I would get on with the size, but after using it I'm very happy. I really do love the screen. I was surprised to find that I can type with it one handed (though I probably wouldn't want to do it while walking around) and can hold it comfortably. I'm tall, but have average size hands for a male.

Browsing is a dream, text perfectly readable without ever having to zoom in at all. Can't comment on battery life or much else yet.

Unfortunately, now every other phone looks almost toy-like in comparison.

Soldato
My thinking is similar to yours NW, and this is currently the best deal I have found online:

Galaxy Note £250

£13.50 x1 month
£10.50 x23 months (after cancelling data bolt-on)

Quidco: £50 cashback.

Total: £455.

The contract is rubbish but I don't suggest anyone actually uses this sim. The deal is direct through the o2 website. I am very close to ordering it.

Soldato
I got mine today, £460 sim free from the German rainforest place.

I was a bit unsure how I would get on with the size, but after using it I'm very happy. I really do love the screen. I was surprised to find that I can type with it one handed (though I probably wouldn't want to do it while walking around) and can hold it comfortably. I'm tall, but have average size hands for a male.

Browsing is a dream, text perfectly readable without ever having to zoom in at all. Can't comment on battery life or much else yet.

Unfortunately, now every other phone looks almost toy-like in comparison.

The phone from there is stated to be blue, but i've read it's closer to black. How does the 'blue' of the case contrast with the black of the screen? Can you see where the screen begins or is it seamless?

Permabanned
The phone from there is stated to be blue, but i've read it's closer to black. How does the 'blue' of the case contrast with the black of the screen? Can you see where the screen begins or is it seamless?

The blue is in reference to the back panel of the phone, which is a very dark blue as well as the metallic trim around the phone which is like a slight blue tinted chrome. The front of the phone is definitely black. When the screen is black it's definitely seamless on mine.

galaxy-note.jpg

Soldato
Well, I've ordered this and it should hopefully be arriving at some point today. I cancelled the data bolt on straight away and they have credited £3 to my account so that I don't even pay for it in the first month! :)

Cost:
Galaxy Note: £250
Contract: £10.50 x24 = £252
Cashback: -£50

Total: £452

Soldato
My thinking is similar to yours NW, and this is currently the best deal I have found online:

Galaxy Note £250

£13.50 x1 month
£10.50 x23 months (after cancelling data bolt-on)

Quidco: £50 cashback.

Total: £455.

You can cancel the Bolt-on before your first bill.

Soldato
I can't see the blue at all. It says it's blue, but to me it just looks black.

The blue is in reference to the back panel of the phone, which is a very dark blue as well as the metallic trim around the phone which is like a slight blue tinted chrome. The front of the phone is definitely black. When the screen is black it's definitely seamless on mine.

[IMG ]http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/kylewaller/galaxy-note.jpg[/IMG]

Ah perfect, thanks for the clarification. I'm still desperate to get this, every rational cell in my brain says not to though :/

Soldato
Well, I've ordered this and it should hopefully be arriving at some point today. I cancelled the data bolt on straight away and they have credited £3 to my account so that I don't even pay for it in the first month! :)

Cost:
Galaxy Note: £250
Contract: £10.50 x24 = £252
Cashback: -£50

Total: £452

That's a great deal - tempted to get that and just transfer my number to giffgaff using a £10 goodybag each month for 250 minutes and unlimited texts and data. What are 3g speeds generally like these days on 02?

Soldato
Mine came today, o2 are very quick with deliveries if they have stock. I've only had it on for 15 mins but my word WHAT A SCREEN!!!

This is basically an S2 on steroids, and the S2 imo is still the best phone available atm. I have just copied a book over which I had as a pdf file and I do not even need to turn the device sideways or zoom in, I can read it perfectly. I couldn't do this on the S2 as small text was unreadable, and although it was clear and sharp on the iP4, I had to hold it inches away from my face because the screen is so small. I wanted a phone that I could use comfortably to read books on, this is it.

Yes this thing is huge, but having heard over and over again how big it is on every review, it actually wasn't as big as I imagined. It fits easily in all my pockets. I can even use it very comfortably with one hand but that's because of the way I hold it, I let it rest on my fingers and use my thumb to operate the screen. I wouldn't use it like this if I was walking down the street though as one nudge means it's on the floor.

Used the pen for about a minute and it was very smooth and accurate. Whether or not I actually use it for anything, time will tell. Initial impressions though, I really like it. My wife gets my white GS2 with extended battery so she's not complaining. Will hopefully root this tonight and remove all the junk, and I can't wait to test out all the emulators, the screen on this is a beauty!!

Back
Top Bottom