*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Thread***

Soldato
If you're someone who likes reading comics on your phone, the Fold 2 is a major go!

But I still think my old OnePlus7Pro is overall a better phone. I mainly use my phone for quick browsing so been using the outer screen more than the inner, which is a poorer experience to bigger 90hz and lighter OP7.

CPxuyU9.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I've had a DPD delivery notification for a delivery tomorrow but not Samsung despatch email. Confused!

I had the £50 voucher and free buds live email this afternoon.

Soldato
Thinking I should have pre-ordered the fold lol

Played it safe and went with the Ultra, which I was initially taken with but I'm starting to remember why I moved away from the series around the note 8.

Soldato
Why did you move away?

Got a bit tired of the same old design, nothing more nothing less. I've had a shedload of phones over the years and maybe that's the issue, look for something a bit quirky/unique these days.

I'll give the LG Wing a miss though, unless I get offered it dirt cheap.

Using the Mi10 ultra at the minute, not without its flaws but bit more fun to use. I'll probably end up with a Fold 2 at some point or import some oddball device from Kyoex.

Associate
Thanks for posting the pics, I was a little shocked the SIM free price is £1,799 lets see if the Microsoft Duo will give it some competition

Soldato
Thanks for posting the pics, I was a little shocked the SIM free price is £1,799 lets see if the Microsoft Duo will give it some competition

Can't see the Duo selling many units, its more tablet than phone. Lacks of NFC, outer screen, poor camera and buggy software is going to be deal breakers for most people.

I ended up getting it for £1480 plus live Buds for free worth £179 and a £50 voucher so not too bad in the end.
Same, plus the £63 TCB and I'm definitely happier with that price. Works out cheaper than the equivalent iPhone 11Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just arrived, bit excited but got to go to bloody work. Will have to leave it till later to set it up. Lovely phone though.Looking back at the original I still like that design too, just a shame I picked it up near the end of it's cycle, definitely too much money for it to be superseded a few months later.

tz4r5z3.jpg
Wr7FCUS.jpg
NVh0LFU.jpg

bapsSUX.jpg
V35oBk6.jpg

Soldato
I'll probably end up with a Fold 2 at some point or import some oddball device from Kyoex.

4 days later...

Just arrived, bit excited but got to go to bloody work. Will have to leave it till later to set it up. Lovely phone though.Looking back at the original I still like that design too, just a shame I picked it up near the end of it's cycle, definitely too much money for it to be superseded a few months later.

That escalated quickly

Soldato
I'm loving mine. It actually feels like a new product and not the same slightly improved phones we get year after year that all feel similiar. Its great to just consume content on that large screen then fold it shut when your finished. Or using the outer screen for replying to quick messages ect. The screen also feels much better than I imagined it would. I was expecting it to feel flimsy but it actually feels pretty sturdy and nice to use. The only downsides for me are the crease which you don't notice much under the right light and when your consuming content but it is there. Obviously its just something that's part of the folding tech at the moment and it would be better without it so you kinda just accept it.

Secondly i think this is just a software bug, not sure if it happens on other 120hz Samsung phones with the adaptive refresh but i notice occasionally the home screen and browsing webpages will get stuck on 60hz even though its set to adaptive and should be 120hz on the large screen and turning the screen off and back on fixes it and gives it back the smooth 120hz. I presume thats just a software bug.

Overall those are the only 2 things that have bothered me and apart from that its a joy to use.

Permabanned
OP
Yes had mine since Saturday and it really is amazing. I actually like that they have sort of gimped the front screen with 60Hz as it's a great screen for checking things and replying to messages. Keeps battery life really good.

The battery life has been brilliant so far, I took my phone off charge and browsed the forum for an hour on the big screen and it went down 10%. That's good for me.

It's also extremely fast as you would expect. I am getting real work done and using GBoard on the big screen is great.

Back
Top Bottom