*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Thread***

Soldato
Have you noticed at all on the large screen that the refresh rate seems to get bugged occasionally? LIke when scrolling around apps on the home screen i can see that occasionally it will stop doing 120hz and i will have to press the power key on and off to like "reset it" and then its suddenly 120hz fluid again.

Soldato
Compared to last years official leather case the fold 2's is supposed to be a bit of a let down so I think I'll avoid that.

What are folk using, or just chancing it naked?

#Just completed the initial setup, first impressions - coming from a few 120hz devices I definitely notice the drop in refresh rate on the front screen ( notifications were even a bit laggy copying apps across) and I found typing accuracy off due to the small size. ( will be fine once I get used to it). Everything else so far is spot on. I'm typing on it now, holding it in both hands like a small book, and as mentioned above its a joy to use ( as was the original ).

Last edited:
Soldato
Compared to last years official leather case the fold 2's is supposed to be a bit of a let down so I think I'll avoid that.

What are folk using, or just chancing it naked?

The case situation currently is tragic, we're being held hostage to Samsung's over priced under performing covers. The leather covers at £79 is scandalous, I'm using their Aramid standing cover which I purchased because of the free £50 voucher. It not bad but not having a front cover makes me feel extremely short changed even when I only paid £9 for it.

The upcoming Spigen cases seem to be best bang for buck.

Soldato
Cheers I'll give that Aramid case a look. Yeah, biggest complaint about the official one is literally how little 'case' you get for your money.

Shame they never included a carbon case.

#That Aramid case looks pretty good, cheers

Permabanned
OP
Thinking off upgrading from iPhone XR anybody think it would be worth it ? To be honest abit sick off apple to be honest.

That's a massive upgrade! Go for it, it's such an amazing experience having a phone that opens out into a tablet I can't see myself going back to a normal phone. You can read magazines on the go as well :)

20200923-221417.jpg

Associate
That's a massive upgrade! Go for it, it's such an amazing experience having a phone that opens out into a tablet I can't see myself going back to a normal phone. You can read magazines on the go as well :)

20200923-221417.jpg

Thanks for that ! Did you buy it out right or just a upgrade ?
Thanks

Soldato
Any of you guys had luck with cases yet? What have you spent your £50 voucher on? I cant find anything at all to spend it on thats useful on there site and the cases are still out of stock.

Permabanned
OP
I spent mine on the 15w wireless charging cradle.

How are you guys cleaning the inside screen? I'm keeping the screen protector on, I don't normally like them but this seems ok to me.

Soldato
Any of you guys had luck with cases yet? What have you spent your £50 voucher on? I cant find anything at all to spend it on thats useful on there site and the cases are still out of stock.
Spent it on the Aramid cover, was outstock but I used the 'Get stock alert' button. I wouldn't of got it, if other cases were available and would have spent my voucher on wireless chargers instead. Was eyeing up the £29 charger and would have got 2.

Soldato
No covers as of yet, looked at the Aramid case but out of stock. Thought about brand skins too but they don't protect the camera bump so I'll keep looking for now.

Never had to clean the inside cover yet but a soft cloth would do the trick, and won't be removing the screen protector, no issues or concerns with it on.

Back
Top Bottom