Samsung LE26R74BDX

Soldato
S-H-A-N-E said:
Can someone answer me a simple question , i am thinking of buying a Samsung LE26R74BDX for PC , am i better just getting a 25 inch Dell tft ?
not to be pedantic but as far as I know there are no 25" Dell monitors - only 24"

but seriously here are the thoughts you have to process to answer this;

1) Primary usage of a digi TV or a hi res monitor

2) Do you own, or have you budgeted for a top class vga card (either 7900 GTX or a X1900XT/X ) as if you are a heavy gamer you will need one of these two cards to get the best out of the dell ( at its huge natural res)

If you are not a gamer , or this isnt your primary usage for the pc what do you do with it ( and would this justify having a resolution as high as the Dell)

If you want a TV to game on occasionally and to use forums etc, then go for the Samsung

If however you want a large screen gaming scenario and you already have one of the cards mentioned above , or you use your pc for the likes of photoshop or other 2d work where a lot of desktop space is required (but maybe not graphics horsepower) then the Dell would be a great option.

If you are a gamer though dont get the Dell unless you either already have a top class PC or you might be able to save up for one shortly, because otherwise you will have a great screen but potentially not be able to use it at its best- and therefore you may feel cheated

Back
Top Bottom