1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SpinPoint F3 EcoGreen 2TB Problem

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by zom247, 24 Apr 2010.

1. zom247

Mobster

I got 2 of these for my WHS yesterday. I formatted them both ok but only one of them is recognised by WHS. If I put the drive back in my PC I can see it under computer management and it all looks fine. I've even copied data to it and it worked ok, however the drive is not spinning up. Does this mean I have a faulty unit?

I've looked on the samsung site for diagnostic utils but nothing there seems to be for the 2TB models.

2. jbloggs

Soldato

HD203WI Download - I usually had problems with running from CD but found the FDD download worked fine...

3. zom247

Mobster

Thanks for the link. The cd version works fine. It passed the tests and just running a diagnostic test now. It's been running since 12 o'clock and it's just hit 60%!

4. AbsenceJam

Mobster

That's rather slow, is it in a USB thing? Directly connected it should take 5-6 hours.

5. zom247

Mobster

No it was connected directly to a sata port. It didn't finish until nearly midnight but it came back ok. However, it still isn't recognised by my WHS and it doesn't seem to be spinning up/down which is weird.