Samsung TV Warranty - what's the point? Other options?

Soldato
I recently bought a Q90 which I'm very happy with, but when I rang to register the warranty (yes, you have to call them, rather than do it online), the whole thing seemed a waste of time.
After them taking my details and trying to sell me a five year warranty (I'm guessing this is why they force you to call), the girl then told me that they no longer give out warranty confirmation codes, but it wouldn't be a problem.
Considering she only asked for basic info about which TV it was, when I bought it, and my current address, I don't understand how they can link it to the specific TV. If she'd asked for the serial number then that would make sense, but nope.

So I've made a note of her name, and the time/date of the call, but I'm about as confident in this warranty being valid as I am with BoJo running the country.

This leads me to a question; Are there any reputable companies that offer warranties at a reasonable price which I could buy?
I did have a look on google, but they all looked much of a muchness in terms of what they say they offer.
I'd much rather go on a recommendation if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
OP
It was direct from Samsung, so only got their crappy 1 year warranty. I'd have bought from elsewhere, but they were doing a 20% NHS discount which isn't something RS or JL are willing to match.

Soldato
It was direct from Samsung, so only got their crappy 1 year warranty. I'd have bought from elsewhere, but they were doing a 20% NHS discount which isn't something RS or JL are willing to match.

If it was direct from Samsung that's probably why they didn't need further details like the serial, they'll have had your data on file from the purchase I imagine.

Give them another ring in a few days just to verify.

Back
Top Bottom