Samurize script for Seti?

Jem

Jem

Associate
I've been following this thread with some interest :D mainly as i've been toying with samurize anyway heres a pic of what i have at the mo ( to see it full size click the pic)

I have tried numerous ways to get the setionline part working so it will show everything as it appears as if you were using the seti.de thingy in your siggy:(

can someone tell whats wrong, as each time i try i get and error in "MID" :confused:

Jem

Jem

Associate
I use hoverdesk, been using it a while, easy to use and setup exactly as you want to, its available Here
there are quite a few diff themes for it but basically its a explorer shell skinning prog but you can set it up as your shell real easy :D

Associate
Originally posted by Jem

I have tried numerous ways to get the setionline part working so it will show everything as it appears as if you were using the seti.de thingy in your siggy:(

can someone tell whats wrong, as each time i try i get and error in "MID" :confused:

Not sure as to the error but mine is setup as following

Using SETIProgress2.vbs use the Setionline function. [in the editor]

Then edit the "RESULT" parameters in the SETIProgress2.vbs script file to suit your needs.

EG: Mine is

result = "<name>%b%bTotal WU's: <numresults>%bCPU Time: <cputime>%bLast Result: <lastresulttime>"_
& "%bRank: <rank>%bUsers With same rank: <num_samerank>%bStomped Users: <top_rankpct>%"_
& ""

This gives me

SETI Stats for: Sp!ke

CPU Time: 2199hrs 22min
Last Result: Wed Sep 1722:55:48 2003
Users with same rank: 454
Stomped Users: 92.797%

There are also other parameters such as <avecpu> etc if you want them.

[The last field requires a minor edit to the vbs portion of the file to give % below you rather than the % above if that makes sense?]

Just a thought if you are using a firewall you need to allow client.exe to access the internet as you wont get any stats otherwise.

Dunno if that helps you at all
Sp!

Caporegime
Nice work there.

It's the Seti Progress chunk that looks like it's *****, and unfortunately I have no Visual Basic skills at all. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Ah nutz ...... yeah I must admit I have had no luck with that part of the script either although I've played only very briefly. I'll have a delve after work tomorrow perhaps see if I can work it out..

[I hate VBS to be honest but there again I'm old enough to have learnt to program in assembler much more 'ahem' usefull ;) ]

Sp!

Jem

Jem

Associate
I tried altering them settings you suggested and i still get this error :(

Image3.jpg

even though my antivirus moans a bit when i click test script this is all i get, as anyone got this part working ok?

Associate
I think [if I'm looking at it right] that the Mid operator is string handleing.

Your comment about the AV software popping up is probably the key to the matter, [some] AV software will show this as a malicious script BECAUSE it writes a temp file called setiprogress2.tmp in the scripts directory. That file contains all the extracted data from the B0rkley xml user page which the script then works on to extract the wanted data eg cpu time etc.

If your AV software is NOT allowing the script to run correctly and write the tmp file then the Mid$ operator [sorry my bad no $ :p ] will have nothing to act apon giving the error.

My best guess anyways Jem.

Solution is a bit scary. Turn off your AV try it see if it works. If it does TURN IT BACK ON SHARPISH!!!!! and try and find a workaround within ur AV software. [As a note AVG Free version does NOT show the script as malicious]

Hope that helps
Sp!

[edit] If your state.sah file is missing that may also cause probs but Im guessing the AV is probably the problem [/edit]

Last edited:

Jem

Jem

Associate
it's not the av, turned it off and i still get that error popup when i run the test script :(

[edit] could i create the temp file as a work around and try to see if this works?[/edit]

Associate
Hmm ok I'm kinda stumped then. I'll reluctantly have to defer to someone who knows VBS better than me [prolly most peeps I guess]
As for creating the temp file im not 100% sure exactly the data it contains or rather the format of it. I guess its probably the raw xml off of the user_stat page but I've not really poked around the code much.

/Hangs head in defeat

Sorry :(

Jem

Jem

Associate
what i meant was just create a folder called "setiprogress2.tmp " anyway i did and it didnt help at all :(, someone will know whats wrong but thanks for trying to help anyway, oh and does it actually work on your set up? cos if it does it must be something on this pc thats causing it :(

Jem

Jem

Associate
thanks for the email Sp!ke_uk :) i have now set it exactly as yours is and the error now is username not found :( on trying to access my stats via seti@home the page is unavailable, so i think there yet again having server probs :( so this might be causing this error i hope.
I will leave it like this a while to see what happens and go from there, and hopefully it should work once borkely sort their server out ;)

Back
Top Bottom