• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

San Diego 4000 voltage?

Soldato
I got my 4000 today, bunged the FSB up to 250 straight away, gave it 1.5v and it does 1mb pi in 29 seconds. Runs a lot hotter than my old 3200 which never really went above 34(ish) degree's, the 4000 seem's to be between 45-50

Associate
Got my 4000+ up to 3ghz, but it wasn't prime stable.

Probably cos i run my rigs extremely quiet, and all the fans have big resistors on them to slow them down and reduce noise.
I have to go for the happy medium of noise/overclock so I backed off to 2.8 and its all fine and stable.

May go for 2.9 later on, but its no slouch anyway so I'm :cool: with it.

Man of Honour
Why the poster specifically refers to San Diego or do you mean something else?

San Diego is a newer core, runs at a lower voltage than the old Clawhammer core (which runs at 1.5), so info on that wouldn't have been relevant.

Soldato
OP
OEM's are SD, Retail hit and miss, as said by someone else.

Derailing the topic here guys. Most of the replies have no relevance to the topic at hand, but i appreciate the discussion anyway.

In light of the topic, i don't think the 4000 is really going to be a huge noticable difference, and as i said before, the clocks on these chips is hit and miss, just read these forums, and some others. Not all will clock that great.

In games lately i've been keeping an eye on CPU activity and can pretty much conclude its holding me back, but in all honesty, paying £80 or so for a small performance is wasting money really. My aps run fast, my games run sweet, and i can multitask just fine, the upgrade is totally pointless in reality.

I simply wanted opinions if the upgrade is worthwhile. IMO, i don't think it now is, but thank you for contributing in the thread... ;)

Back
Top Bottom