Santa Cruz to X-Fi Extreme Music ?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
has anybody here done such a move? - I am now considering it for the fact that game framerates do improve with the xfis gaming support and the noticeable fps gains in benchmarks like 3dmark that I have seen.

I mainly game and listen to music as wella s watch movies and have my Santa Cruz connected to an external amplifier via good quality 3.5mm > RCA output which in turn is connected to a good set of floorstanders and headphones.

I just want to know the ease of use of the xfi, I know you have to switch modes when playing games or playing movies and music (and a handy quick switcher util recently came out) but what is the sound quality difference? assuming I can sell my Santa Cruz for £20 is it really worth the extra £50?

Associate
I am pretty sure that I have read of similar switch being done by some the of folks at 3dss. Unless the Cruz has an unusually high CPU usage, I don't think that the frame rate benefit will increase that much. But there are other gaming benefits, and for that, I think it is worth it.

I am quite curious about the quick switcher though (I do find myself switching modes several times a day). Could you tell me more about that? Cheers.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I tend to use straight stereo sound whenever possible so dont realy have a need for EAXHD etc but being futureproof would be nice. the reviews i am reading though point out that in general id probably not notice any sound quality difference between the 2 cards so I guess the santa cruz can remain in the part audiphile realms for a bit longer !

http://www.freewebs.com/spectra9/xfmc.html btw :p

Back
Top Bottom