1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santa Pod RWYB - Saturday 11th August

Discussion in 'Motors' started by WoodyUK, 18 Jul 2018.

1. WoodyUK

Soldato

Evening chaps.

Anybody up for this one?

I'm planning on going with a few others namely a well known 700bhp+ Civic FN2 and a 10 second "EP3" to mention.

I'll be hitting a 12 even if it does cost me a gearbox or driveshaft :D Rear seats are out already, coilovers are now fitted and I'll yank the ABS fuse to bypass the EcuTek traction control.

Santa Pod Raceway
    Airfield Rd
    Podington
    Wellingborough
    NN29 7XA

Some more information

£12 per person entry at the gates
    £25 to sign on to run up the strip

Cars finishing at 110mph+ require a helmet

There is a Shell Garage here which you more than likely pass on your way into the area (If coming from the A14 there is one as you come off the A14 onto the A45)

St Davids Rd, Rushden Central Bus Pk
    Rushden
    NN10 6GA

Probably won't bother with this \/
    MAIN MEETING POINT - 08:30

Wellingborough Tesco
    Tunnels Mill Road
    NN82EF

Runners:

1. WoodyUK - Turbo FN2
    Possibles:

1. dacads - 130i
    2. Gibbo - SVR
    Attendees:

Last edited: 23 Jul 2018
  2. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Definitely can't make it on the 11th, girlfriends birthday so I'd get myself murdered if I came.

I really need to get back and figure out launching on the new surface as I struggled terribly compared to normal last time

3. dacads

Capodecina

Put me down as a possible - 130i

No turbo or supercharger here but where else better to floor it? :)

4. Gibbo

Commissario

I might come to this but early so around 9:30am, do a few AM runs then go home.

5. ReAPeR101

Hitman

Possible I'm working Friday night but could come for some AM runs

6. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

No can do :(

7. dacads

Capodecina

How's it looking guys

I'll probably aim to do the same as Gibbo arrive before 10AM then head off after a couple of hours.

8. WoodyUK

Soldato

I'm still in for this providing it doesn't rain. Will be there from early for a good few hours.

Might as well just catch up at the venue as there are so few of us, rather than meet at Tesco beforehand.

9. dacads

Capodecina

Yeah I saw you crossed out that bit, I agree as not everyone will be able to get there at opening time.

10. WoodyUK

Soldato

Weathers looking good for tomorrow.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case though feel free to PM me for my number if we don't spot each other early on.

11. dacads

Capodecina

Good idea as if you're on the stands or something I won't know what you look like :p

12. Simon

Capodecina

Who ran then ?

13. dacads

Capodecina

I did , a shocking first run but it was my first time to be fair ;)

[​IMG]

I think @WoodyUK was there till 8PM!

14. WoodyUK

Soldato

I did. Physically. Still got a faster time on foot than my car pulls down the straights :D:D

Good to meet you today @dacads shame you left early on, could've gave you a spin-to-grin time down the track :D

Tried all sorts today, probably got about 8 runs I think, with no mechanical sympathy in mind as shafts, clutch, gearbox are being replaced in winter.
    Front coilovers fully soft and tyres at 15psi.
    Rear coilovers fully hard and tyres at 40psi.
    Doing mixed runs of doing a quick burnout at start and avoiding water.

1st run) Passenger in, 400bhp map - 13.5 at 112, no changes at all, straight in from the road.
    After this run I d id the coilover and tyre changes as above*
    2nd run) Passenger in and had him attempt to change from 400bhp to 500bhp in 3rd gear for MOREEE BOOST once traction is down.. - 15.3 at 99 (lol)
    Problem with this run was; I couldn't get into 2nd gear at high RPM typically, and when he changed map, the RPM needle hung on "3000rpm" (indicating its in 3rd map), so it threw me off guard and I bashed limiter in 3rd for a bit
    3rd run) Passenger in, changed map from 400bhp to 500bhp in 3rd gear, I thought it worked quite well until... 14.1 at 110 (wait, this isnt working)
    4th run) Passenger in, started off at 500bhp, dumped clutch in 2nd gear. Didn't bog down, felt like a good launch, but I couldn't catch back up because I'd missed so much of what first would've gave. 14.00 at 111.
    5th run) No passenger, rolled off line as if it were a standard pulling away from traffic light moment - 14.2 at 111.
    6, 7 and 8 were more just for the fun and photos than trying for times, forgot to get my slip at the end of the day for these times. One of them was another 14.1 though from one of the videos captured.

Should've been able to do more but someone dropped a gearbox on track which cost about an hours worth of track time so headed off about 6:15pm. Extra £5 to have a ticket until 8PM though, so if they do that again it's certainly worth doing, the queues drop down to about halfway after 4:30pm ish.

Really thought I'd hit a 12 as I've had coilovers fitted and now have adjustable traction control compared to my last RWYB.

Guy in a 400bhp FN2 with about 150kg less than me had run a 13 bang on.
    Mine (500bhp FN2), 13.4 (previous Pod session, again, thats with a passenger and no changes to the car from how I'd run it on the road!).
    Friend in his 650bhp map did a 13.4 at some point in the day too but he was also doing runs where he was trapping at 121 / 122mph.

Will put a quick video together tomorrow, will provide many laughs.

15. dacads

Capodecina

Oh no hope you're not including my first run in that video!

Yeah I probably could have stayed but unlike you have no plans to be replacing major components! We can do that passenger ride next time ;)

Was definitely a decent half day out