1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sapphire PURE CrossFire Radeon Xpress 200P CrossFire or the DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by watcher, 7 Feb 2006.

1. watcher

Associate

as the title says i want a motherboard for my X1800XT. now the question is which one of those motherboards is better for the card and overclocking ? also im interested in the Asus A8R-MVP Crossfire Dual Channel PCI-Express Motherboard as i see OCuk have it on their full systems.
    thanks in advance

2. andyr

Wise Guy

hi , i have the dfi ultra-d with this card and it works fine , but looking at your sig you also have the ultra d already
    anyways i think most people are waiting for the new chipset boards the RD580 ones to arrive although my bros has an Asus A8R-MVP Crossfire and doesnt intend to crossfire it so i might do him an exchange as i cant wait to crossfire and if the boards there it might aswell be tried , other than that i was going to wait to be honest

just read a test on the MSI RD480 Neo2 Crossfire board and that looked pretty impessive in crossfire mode

Last edited: 7 Feb 2006
  3. watcher

Associate

i dont have the motherboard yet. i was gonna order it today but i saw the sapphire crossfire mobos and made me think. the msi looks sweet but is it a good overclocker ? coz im planning to O/C my CPU and Graphs card

4. andyr

Wise Guy

as for overclocking , you wont beat the dfi , but if you intend to one day have two graphics cards in crossfire then the choice i would make at present is probably the mst neo 2 as the last test i read was pretty good , but you might not have to wait too long and you will get a chipset with all the bits and bobs and will overclock that bit better aswell and run crossfire , the choice is yours ;)