• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire x1800xt help, this graphics card is driving me nuts.

Associate
I had the exact same problem when i installed my x1800xt last week, are you using the 6.4 cats cause i think they mess with ATITool

The way i got the ATi drivers running with ATITool and Tray Tools was :

Get rid of the 6.4 cats and CCC, d/l the 6.3 (the driver only version).

When installed disable the two ATI services (hotkey poller and Ati smart i think), when you do this you disable the 2d/3d mode so any clocks ATITool reports are your permanent clocks (iirc 600/700 to start with)

Install Tray Tools, and make sure you tick the disable overclocking box.

Install ATITool (version 0.25 beta 14 works for me)

This should give you full control of clocks and voltages etc, just remember theres no 2d/3d mode now and use ATITools own 3d detection if you want this function. :)

Soldato
I had no problems at all with Overdrive in CCC using 6.4. Unlock overdrive, hit the autodetect button, clocks to 690/800, tick box for set clock speed at start up and jobs a good un. 10009 in 3DMark 05 with no system tweaks or optimizations. The cards a PowerColor XT1800 512Mb.

Back
Top Bottom