SATA and WD

Soldato
mosfet said:
Access times are marginally lower, higher sustained throughput will make a more noticable difference than 2 or 3ms less latency.

Marginally?

I'm getting 13.3ms on my 200GB WD, and 8.7ms on my 36GB Raptor. Randomly seeking 1000 small files on Windows boot and on home PCs in general......

Soldato
musicman53 said:
That's the only way anyway.
No use installing and running games and progs from a different partition or hard drive because you only have to reinstall them again when you reformat the windows partition or drive.
Can't just reinstall Windows and carry on using all the other stuff if the refs and things to windows and drivers have gone.
:eek:

Most games/programs wont work after a windows reinstall due to missing data in the registry. If you back those registry entries up however, you can often get away with simply running a .reg file rather than reinstalling th whole program/game. As also mentioned, a few games/programs run perfectly fine after a reinstall. I currently have windows on a 36gb raptor, programs/games and films/mp3's on a 250gb WD, and my files on a 80gb seagate. Im going to be replacing the 80gb sometime soonish though with another 2x250gb drives, and move the films/mp3's onto their own drive.

Back
Top Bottom