SATA Drive Failure

Permabanned
I have a 200gb Maxtor SATA drive, that has just died, it is no longer detected by either the bios, or by windows; yet it is detected by both the silicon raid controller and the Nvidia controller. It has also passed the long test twice using the seagate diagnostic util.

Has anyone got any ideas, as its my primary os drive

Man of Honour
Which controller was it connected to originally? Has anything changed in the BIOS config of that controller?

EDIT: If it's passed the Seatools test then it's being recognised by the system. Are you booting to windows from the Maxtor or the RAID0 array?

Permabanned
OP
ok this gets even more puzzling, i managed to get the drive to detect in my winxp partition using the SI controller, which would suggest the drive is ok and the nvidia controller has a fault.

However my striped array works on all connectors of the nvidia controller (normally runs on 3 & 4), but the maxtor is not detected by either the bios, or windows when connected to any of them.

But the drive is detected by both the nvidia controller on system startup, and by the nvidia raid utility in windows.

Any ideas anyone

Back
Top Bottom