Satisfactory Alpha release

Man of Honour
I love it, was my first game on Epic but I'll likely get it again on Steam - particularly if we get good multiplayer integration..

Yeah the missus and I have a nice little base on the go, though we are still learning the Update 3 stuff as we started fresh when U3 dropped. I should knock up a video next weekend of what we've got so far. Its pretty basic compared to some bases I see :D

Associate
i have a habit in the game of making a sprawling mess of a base, happens every time even though i always tell myself it will be neater next time! really enjoying this update although i dont like what they have done to coal power stations even if it does make sense! :p

Associate
i have a habit in the game of making a sprawling mess of a base, happens every time even though i always tell myself it will be neater next time!

I do this in Factorio. "This time will be different!" Makes all the blueprints, ghost builds lots of stuff.

Some time later.....

"**** it it's a mess and I don't have enough space, burn it down and rebuild things"

Soldato
I had a massive rail network spanning the entire map in my first and previous Update 2 build. I tend to always go semi-autonomous for my factories as I prefer to mass build the components and store them - then combine them as required. It is a throwback to the Minecraft FTB days really.

I restarted my game and am now based up 'norf in a skybase by a large sea inlet and a heap of pure nodes all within distance. I am already upto Train tech now so I'm sitting back and beginning mass building as well as working on power as I am at 1200MW and now have the disaster that is Oil and Fuel to deal with!

Tip: Doggo's are awesome for early-midgame power slugs :D

Soldato
I recently got this but I think I still prefer Factorio. I find the 3D element of the game makes navigating the terrain more troublesome when all I want to do is focus on building the best automated factory.

Man of Honour
I recently got this but I think I still prefer Factorio. I find the 3D element of the game makes navigating the terrain more troublesome when all I want to do is focus on building the best automated factory.

I can understand that, I was talking to a friend the other day about the two games and I said that in my opinion, if you wanted one to just build the most complex automated building going, where you need to almost have a degree in engineering then Factorio is the one but if you wanted one that had some elements of that but was more of a "game" then Satisfactory is the one.

I actually described it to him like this.. Factorio is Meccano and Satisfactory is Lego. The question of whether you prefer playing with Meccano or Lego is one of personal preference.

I like both but its the 3D of Satisfactory which sways it for me, yesterday I found a really good resource area but it was on the other side of a huge canyon, constructing a bridge that my automated vehicles and trains could go over and looking down into that canyon was just something missing entirely from Factorio and being able to build multistorey buildings with each floor used for different purposes and then having internal walkways where I can walk around inside the factory and look down on the machinery and conveyor belts as they wind between the floors is again a whole dynamic I simply miss too much when I go back to Factorio. Both are great games but I just see Satisfactory as the natural evolution of Factorio, at least until they do a Factorio 2 :D

Associate
I think this game in it's current state is tempting me to move to the EGS. At launch I wasn't fussed but with each update I want to try it more and more
They've teased a steam release FYI, but I know what you mean. Still got the £10 credit from EGS which I could use on it...

Associate
That would drop it to like £15. A bargain for £15.
Yep, but I wanna see how the steam release plays out as I know people who have it currently on EGS and others who will, more than likely, get it on steam. Crossplay, steam workshop support and steam friends/multiplayer integration (if it has it) are bonuses that'd be nice.

Associate
Haven't bought it yet or read too much up on it.
Just curious, is there a goal you are working towards with this?

Like, Subnautica was all about escaping the planet, does Satisfactory have an ending?
Are you trying to escape? or is it just a play in the sandbox until your bored kinda game?

Man of Honour
Latest info on Steam release, sounds like it will be a while yet before it reaches Steam, does sound like they are going to have crossplay anyway though.

Soldato
Haven't bought it yet or read too much up on it.
Just curious, is there a goal you are working towards with this?

Like, Subnautica was all about escaping the planet, does Satisfactory have an ending?
Are you trying to escape? or is it just a play in the sandbox until your bored kinda game?
no.
not yet.
it got set objectives (supply x of y etc) which basically make you break your current build trying to acheave.

Back
Top Bottom