Saturday 17th Spoilers

Permabanned
definitely alex rae our best player today.

just what we need, 3 points!! dont care who its againsT! (although it hasnt quite finished yet!)

W0000000000000T!!!! we won!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by jailbird
They play at 12.30 because they are always on TV and Prem+. As a Man U fan, it's great - we get to put the pressure on Arsenal and Chelsea before they've even kicked off :)

Ummm I love statements like this!

The moral of this post, only post after the result!!!

1-0! :D

Soldato
we get to put the pressure on Arsenal and Chelsea before they've even kicked off :)

Yep you have put pressure on us now, now we have to win to take our place back at the top :)

we are gonna kick some serious ass in 2-3 years when they are all grown up.

hehe ;)

jailbird, will you never learn :D

Soldato
Ahaha shove that up your ass George Graham ('I think its just a matter of how many for United today') :D

Quality result for Wolves, the playes gave their all (hard to single out anyone especially, Rae, Ince, and Irwin spring to mind but they all played out of their skin). If DJ could get the players up for every game like they were today then we'd be in with a shout of staying up :)

Bet the boots will be flying in the Man U dressing room after this game :D

Associate
Well as a ManU fan we should have won and it would have been nice if we had done so. However, no team has a right to win and as we didn't score more goals than Wolves we deserved to loose!:(

Good job we had a reasonable first half to the season eh?:D

[EDIT] Bet that's fouled up quite a few predictions as well!;) :D [/EDIT]

Associate
Originally posted by Big Kev
Did anyone get that result in the Prediction League, I know I didn't.:eek:
Just had a quick check (i'm bored) Nobody predicted a Wolves win, only [ASSE]Hinchy predicted a draw and everyone else predicted a Man Utd win usually by 3 or 4 goals.

This result (coupled with the draw against Newcastle) just show how quickly things can change at the top this season.

Soldato
Just come back from the pub, what a truly awesome game that was, we played Wolves of the park :rolleyes:

Now for the obligatory whinging, crap game, Wolves deffended in numbers and packed the 18yard box, happened to break away and slip up leads to the goal. We outplayed Wolves in every department, but they like most teams rose their game and managed to cling on. Our final ball was terrible which lead to so many chances that just werent anywhere near the target, i'm not too sure if Fletcher is good enough to play on the wing Fortune needs to play there really. Missed players like Solksjaer, Butt and Giggs today I feel, but most importantly Beckham.

Wolves battled well cant take that away from them as i'd like to see them stay up, well done they deserved the result i guess, but uniteds performance was drab and performances like that dont win Championships. I could feel this slip up coming for a good month and a half now. If we fail to win against Southampton then i feel the Championship is lost.

Man of Honour
well just got back from the pub, and got to say all credit to wolves / they battled hard in every department, ran there socks off and chased down every lost cause.

However for the first time this season I found myself wishing we still had Beckham :( I mean the amount of corsses Fletcher / ROnaldo had was unbelieveable yet the only decent cross all game came from Paul Scholes and no one gambled on it.

We must have had 75% possession and almost unlimited space down the right hand side but we just didnt create anything of note, One save by Oakes from a bit of skill and luck form Bellion was really the only half chance we had.

Thouroughly dissappointing result.

We need to buy.

Soldato
I think Bossman summed it up well, man utd dominated but it just didn't happen for them today.

This result might turn out to be more important than we think. I think it could be a turning point, but for who?

Arsenal have to take advantage of this, whether they will is a different matter. Beating Villa will be damn hard tomarrow.

Originally posted by memphisto
However for the first time this season I found myself wishing we still had Beckham :(

Even though he hadn't been at his best for the last 2 years he still more often than not put in good balls, when Giggs and Ole aren't playing you don't have anyone to threaten from the wings. Fergie did try hard for Joaquin but he turned you down,he is probably one of the best RM around.

Soldato
A great start to the weekend for me there :D, just hope we take advantage tomorrow.

Bossman there will be a few more slip ups before the end of the season i have no doubt (for Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea). I don't think anyone will be written off till it's mathematically impossible. Should be a cracking end to the season :).

Associate
Couple of goals in the 3pm starts..

Middlesbrough 1-0 Leicester (Juninho)
Tottenham 1-0 Liverpool (Keane penalty)

*edit*
Southampton 1 - 0 Leeds (Ormerod)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom