Saturday 17th Spoilers

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Dual_XP_Jedi
Disappointing result today, apparently we didnt play well, not surprising without Gerrard. However, we had a legitimate penalty not given which is proved on TV replays.

Will wait to see the results. A bad slip in our needed run to get 4th :(

We need to get on a good run and hope Charlton, Newcastle and Fulham keep being inconsistent. To be fair i will be most suprised if Fulham and Charlton keep playing well, mediocre sides at best normally.

This is not good enough Liverpool now come on and sort it out! :mad:

Speaking up for Charlton, mediocre teams don't have players like Lisbie score a hattrick at Anfield.

The only players from your team I would desire would be Hyppia and Henchoz.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by siztenboots
Speaking up for Charlton, mediocre teams don't have players like Lisbie score a hattrick at Anfield.

The only players from your team I would desire would be Hyppia and Henchoz.

Hyypia was a classy player a couple of seasons ago. He's been nothing but ordinary this season and last.

Associate
Originally posted by Gilly
Hyypia was a classy player a couple of seasons ago. He's been nothing but ordinary this season and last.

I think Hyypia is back to his best this season, the only thing hampering him is the fact that he has to do all the work himself, and playing alongside Biscan & Riise/Traore don't exactly give you confidence does it?

The sooner Houllier conceeds to the fact that Biscan never will be a defender and puts Henchoz back in his place then you will see the proper defensive unit of Hamann, Henchoz & Hyypia. Also add to that the soon to be fit again Carragher & Finnan, and the defense is all sorted again.

If anyone has to go its got to be Riise, wtf is he playing at? Every time he gets the ball he just wacks it up field, not with any precision either, he just tears leather of the ball he hits it that hard., He doesn't take players on anymore, he has no confidence and his defending at times is terrible, sooner Carragher is back the better.

The only two players I can say who have improved the team the past few weeks are Hamann & Heskey, where is Heskey suddenly getting all this confidence from to play little 1 - 2's and I counted 3 times yesterday when he flicked the ball on with the back of his foot, he even ran at defenders and scared them silly, (pity about the finishing) but why the hell won't he do that all the time, him and Owen were linking up very well indeed.

Cheyrou is not a right sided midfielder so should not be played there, as we seen against Chelsea his best position is behind the front two, from there he makes his runs into the box and sets up others, that kid Semmy should be giving the go ahead to play at right midfield, or mabye even Welslh, any of them would be better than Cheyrou.

Very dissapointed in yesterday's defeat, was kinda expecting it though as Spurs have been on one hell of a run recently, bit gutted about the peno decisions but hopefully things will even out over the course of the season.

Soldato
Class:D

Sat and watched the game in a pub full of Liverpool fans ( even the landlord is a scouser ) and Man UTD:)

So had the joy of taking the mick out of the UTD fans before kick-off and Liverpool fans during the whole game! nice. Even the UTD fans were shouting for Spurs.

We played L'pool off the park in the first half, their tactics are so basic and obvious. Pure Wimbledon style! it's pathetic. Houllier is not a good manager imho. What's good about hit the long ball to Heskey to TRY and hold it up or to Owen to try and use his pace.... ALL THE TIME.

To play L'pool and not give them a sniff of scoring for 90mins tells it's own story. They were lucky to get one goal, Keller was a little unsighted but still good play by Kewell, who btw I didn't even know was on the pitch untill that goal.

Typical for Spurs that we get 2 players who are actually performing to the standard they should be and one buggers off to Africa ( Kanoute ) and the other gets injured:rolleyes: ( Dalmat )

Gardner was outstanding for us, reminded of big Sol yesterday.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
Would have been 2-2 if the ball had gone into the Saint's net instead of hitting the post in the last 5 minutes of the match...

Would have been 3-2 if Fitz Hall's header would have gone in instead of hitting the bar too :p

Reading the match reports though it seemed like a good game :)

Associate
Originally posted by jailbird
They play at 12.30 because they are always on TV and Prem+. As a Man U fan, it's great - we get to put the pressure on Arsenal and Chelsea before they've even kicked off :)

and it's 1-0 to WOLVES.... man u down. so where's the pressure today on arsenal and chelsea????

Back
Top Bottom