Save it for the black stuff... OcUK Manchester Meet 3

Soldato
OP
L0rdMike said:
Wont you end up having to put the cat back on every year for mot time though?

If I do, the bolts will be fairly easy to get off anyway, so it's no problems.

A post regarding the rust before El gets in ;)....

Yep, I'm going to take the car to a bodyshop in the summer and get the rear sill and drivers arch sorted out. They're the two major parts that need some work.

There's slight bubbling around some of the arches, but that shouldn't be too much work.

Going to spend quite a bit on this car to get it looked as mint as the 214 :) Give it another wash followed by a wax and a polish next weekend... see how well it comes up.

Caporegime
What, that in a little over a month, I buy and burn off an AGW's car's worth of optimax? Or were you reffering to the "you filled your car, now its worth twice as much Andy" comment :p

Dunno who the former is more depressing for tbh :( I do a disghusting amount of milage.

Associate
paradigm said:
What, that in a little over a month, I buy and burn off an AGW's car's worth of optimax? Or were you reffering to the "you filled your car, now its worth twice as much Andy" comment :p

Dunno who the former is more depressing for tbh :( I do a disghusting amount of milage.

At least you get something close to decent economy :(

Soldato
OP
paradigm said:
Or were you reffering to the "you filled your car, now its worth twice as much Andy" comment :p

:cool:

Mark, not booked it yet. Just waiting for some money off westy to enter my bank account ;)

I filled up to the brim on Saturday night. Did about 20 miles of steady speed. By the time I got to the services after picking Marv up it was just under the top white line.

When I set off from the pub to go home, it was on 3/4 of a tank. By the time I got home it was on 1/2 tank.

I cained it most of the way home... especially after I had to turn around at Huddersfield :D Had to make up for lost time.

Caporegime
By the time I was home I was just under 1/2 a tank, and it was brimmed (literally, i got 44ltrs into a 45ltr tank!) as I left Macclesfield on the way to the meet.

That would mean I have done approx 200~ miles to just over half a tank, thats a good 36~ MPG, really not bad considering how much I was caning it!

Soldato
I did make a bit of a mess when cleaning it my self. :o

Wax.jpg

Its wax, honest. :D Dunno what was funnier that or the fact I got some in the eye. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom