Save it for the black stuff... OcUK Manchester Meet 3

Soldato
OP
-westy- said:
Just a quick note to say thankyou to agw_01 and cymatty for putting up with me over the weekend, and showing me the glory that is Manchester pubs. :D

cheers guys, you're both more than welcome around my way for the SW Meet ;)

Yeah, nice try ;)

I'm very impressed at your pulling techniques, but then what did I expect from Jeremy Clarkson himself :p

For everyone else, we were playing pool and these two 'birds' come over.. if you can call them that. One of them was quite scary.

Anyway, westy starts with his magic and before I know it, they're all laughing and joking together :eek: Legend!

Caporegime
agw_01 said:
Anyway, westy starts with his magic and before I know it, they're all laughing and joking together :eek: Legend!
They probably found his accent funny :p

And you have to come to the SW meet, me and firestar will be going, with talk of staying over in a travelodge.

Soldato
had a quick browse of the pics, could hardly believe it when i saw the 300's in the background. They are some of the NW guys meeting on their way to the record-breaking joint meet :)

Soldato
OP
lol Clive, have you posted any of yours that you sent me?

Right, I heard last night that Si has a video if him overtaking me on the bridge when I was doing 40 (due to very cooked brakes).

I of all people want to see it... just for the comedy factor of a Saxo overtaking a Rover :p

So come on Si, post post post!!!

Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
How come you cooked your brakes andy, twin vented on the front?

Trust your going to uprate them?

God knows mate! I had the 214 brakes smoking at the pre-meet, but at previous MM's they didn't even fade.

I'm guessing because I'm getting to know the roads, I'm going faster and braking later and harder for the corners. Weird though as I hardly touched the brakes until I got to dead mans junction and even then I wasn't hammering them.

I'm hoping to get most of the car sorted by MM4. Strut braces, suspension (going on just under 2 weeks, wooooo), exhaust and the front braking setup from the MG ZS 180 (282mm discs).

El did say that it sounded like the calliper was sticking, which would explain why the brakes got so hot. When the weather gets better I'm going to whip the wheels off and reset the pistons in the callipers. See if that helps.

El, yeah I think you went past me before Si. I know I was grinning like a school girl as you did.

Caporegime
Good stuff, hope it all gets sorted by MM4, I predict hot weather so you will need the best brakes and tyres for ultimate grip :)

Next meet should be a blast, going to get some DSG3's on the front, new disks and pads all round, nice induction kit, should have my hoop rollbars and full SS system by then :)

Soldato
OP
Nice one. Will be good for you to be able to utilise the 5's handling and ability fully :)

With any luck, my P6000's will have worn down to slicks by the next meet, so I should be sorted in that department :D

I'll probably replace them with low profile Eagle's... something like these.

Should look better than the tractor 185/55's that are on at the moment.

Soldato
OP
I won't be able to update my status until payday on the 10th.

Then I've got to work out how much I'll have left at the end of the month.

If I do come, I'll basically be spending all of my money and end up with naff all by the end of the month... something that I need to stop doing!

I might still come though. Only live once and all that :)

Back
Top Bottom