1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw "Up" last night....

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by thecremeegg, 10 Oct 2009.

1. thecremeegg

Sgarrista

...and loved it :D Yet again Pixar manage to create a cinema masterpiece, go see it if you can!

2. agnes

Capodecina

Just watched the trailer lol, looks great!

Might go see it tomorrow.

ags

3. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

For me just about everything Pixar does is a hit, except Cars, that was dire, don't know how they could get it so right for so long then mess it up so badly.

4. LizardKing

Sgarrista

Watched this to, i thought it was quite weak, a typical Disney story with nothing new. Certainly not up to teh standards of Wall-e!
    I'm sure the kids will love it though.

5. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Going to see it later, really looking forward to it.

6. Yas786

Caporegime

Going to see it next weekend with the gf and her little girl...shes been begging me to see it so ive been roped into taking her lol

7. Red_knight

Gangster

Take tissues. A big box thereof.

Yes, it is predictable, but it's so beautifully and obviously lovingly made, that it's not worth caring about that.

8. thecremeegg

Sgarrista

I agree, its a work of art imo, really lovingly crafted and funny to boot

9. rare

Soldato

I am seeing it tommorow! Looks great :D

10. Nitefly

Man of Honour

A Bug's Life & Ratatouille are the other two weak films in my book.

Finding Nemo and Wall-E are easily to best.

11. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Absolutely brilliant, I think I just prefer Wall-E but it was still brilliant. Pixar are just geniuses. the short at the beginning was really good as usual :)

12. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I agree with a Bugs Life, I always forget that's a pixar movie, get it mixed with Antz. However I must disagree on Ratatouille, I avoided it for months and months because I didn't like the basic premise, however it's now up there with my top 3 pixar movies.

13. Yas786

Caporegime

Agree...finding nemo and Wall E are both brilliant...i thought Wall E was superb..saw it in Canada when it opened there...took my nephew and niece...not alot of talking but thats what i loved about it.

14. mithrandir

Mobster

Saw this the other day. I thought it was an excellent film, back to roots love story.

The short film was also fantastic.

15. Retromatic

Wise Guy

Saw this the other week - great film I would call it the filling in a Wall-e and Cars sandwhich.

16. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Cars and A Bugs Life are the only ones I've really disliked, can't believe they're making a Cars 2 :(

I'd much rather see an Incredibles 2, I think the first is the most underrated.

17. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

Looking forward to seeing it, I think Finding Nemo is the best one, WallE was also very good but the 2nd half spoilt it I feel.

It always make me laugh that John Lasseter was sacked by Disney for saying computer animation was the future 20 odd years ago and now he's the creative head :p

18. thecremeegg

Sgarrista

Whats wrong with Cars? I thought it was great

19. checjb

Wise Guy

I was distinctly unimpressed. I took my wife and 3.5 year old to see it. He was actually quite scared by some of the scenes with the chasing dogs, was bored by the first part (until the house takes off) and only really laughed when the met Kevin and Doug. As a kid's film I don't think it hits the right notes at all. Its good for older kids and adults but the fact that my son was bored said it all for me. He loves Nemo and The Incredibles but Up turned out to be waste of money.

20. tisonlyme

Wise Guy

Saw it on Saturday and can't praise it enough. I had tears of laughter rolling down my face, followed by welling up with emotion, followed by tears of laughter again. It's visually beautiful, saw it in 3D which I'm still not sure about, it tends to dull the image which is a shame.

Dug is awesome, watch this film for him alone :D

Last edited: 12 Oct 2009