Saw "Up" last night....

Soldato
A brilliant film, I must say I enjoyed it more than Wall E, I think I could connect to the characters a lot more easily. The animation and cinematography was amazing as well. Pixar does it again.

One low point for me though, I am afraid I found Russell (the wilderness explorer kid) to be somewhat incessantly annoying! It shouldn't be a bad point but I found it distracting, I've never known a child character in a film to be quite so annoying.

Still, great enjoyment to be had for all, very original, wonderful film.

Associate
I found it to be alright, nothing amazing, probably the most depressing pixar movie i have seen. It felt a bit try hard in places too like the dog with the funny voice which wasnt that funny.
2/5

Caporegime
Saw it last night, and thought it was brilliant! Right up there with Wall-E and Nemo :D

The 3d looked pretty damn awesome to me, but I think ymmv from person to person, some people's eyes might not get on with it. I loved the depth perception in some of the landscape shots especially!

Easily the most emotive of the Pixars too, really, really sad in places, I was constantly welling up, curse the music arranger!

Graphics were lush, Carl even had stubble after a few days of not shaving, lovely touch, and Kevin/Doug had me chuckling constantly.

Well done Pixar!

Associate
Awesome movie, certainly reinforced my dislike for fat american kids at some points though :o

Saw it in 3D too, embarrassingly flinched at one point when plane debris was flying at the screen :D

Soldato
Just got back from watching this. Thought it was superb! Very emotional, whole range of feelings really. Had to check myself at one point when I thought I was going to well up!

Probably my favourite Pixar movie so far, thought all the characters were great and the story itself was original.

*Point*

Soldato
great film but 3D added very little to it i felt, if it hadnt of been orange wednesday would have just seen it standard.

3D is great but i find it dulls the screen too much and when its panning with 3D stuff moving with the pan it looks odd, happens so fast so cant really describe it.

Associate
The first 10 or so minutes were amazing cinema, I welled up at the end of them few scenes :(

It got a bit far fetched as the film wore on but I thoroughly enjoyed, as I do any pixar films. Russell kept me laughing throughout.

**POSSIBLE SPOILER**

I was actually laughing uncontrollably when he was in the sky flying on the balloons when he hit the window of the Zeppelin and just slid across the window. I was in fits of laughter for some reason :S

Stunning film and I recommend it to anyone! Wall-E was better though ¬¬

Back
Top Bottom