Say hello to Trevor

Soldato
Please allude additional details to location in greater depth than "Good 'ol north east"

I wish to drive by, peruse, admire, listen to and then discreetly fap :p

(email in trust if you are anywhere nearby!)

Si.

Si.

Soldato
OP
Not great...

6k service is £350
12k servier is £650

BUT, add another £200 ish to those of misc parts and fixes...

Engines have to be cared for to avoid a rebuild (mine has had one already but it's still got 24month warranty on the rebuild). Proper procedures keep them in good condition though (bellow 2k revs until oil temp hits 40, below 3k revs until it hit's 60, then you can open it up).

Soldato
Not great...

6k service is £350
12k servier is £650

BUT, add another £200 ish to those of misc parts and fixes...

Engines have to be cared for to avoid a rebuild (mine has had one already but it's still got 24month warranty on the rebuild). Proper procedures keep them in good condition though (bellow 2k revs until oil temp hits 40, below 3k revs until it hit's 60, then you can open it up).

id have thought warm up would have been more critical of the amount of load you put on the engine

any idea what caused the last one to pop?

Soldato
99403076-6a46317e1cb91253c388f21f3ae70ead.4beac2ec-scaled.jpg

Followed this thing at the weekend - I've never heard anything like it in my life, absolutely bleedin' gorgeous. What's the power stats for these puppies?

Si.

Si.

Soldato
OP
id have thought warm up would have been more critical of the amount of load you put on the engine

any idea what caused the last one to pop?

The last one didn't pop, they come originally with a 3.6 this one was upgraded to the 4.0 by the previous owner (at a cost of £9k)

The original 3.6 is 350 bhp (that's where the name came from), no idea what the 4.0 puts out. from all accounts it's not a great deal more but the torque is up a lot in the 4.0

Associate
Very nice mate, always fancied a TVR but the build quality has always put me off in the past but they are a bit special, one day maybe when I've got past the crazy turbo powered Japanese 4wd track toys lol

Soldato
Congrats I hope you enjoy, although a word of caution, my sisters friend had/has a T350 and the last time I spoke to him he said he had only seen it for 2 months in a year at the time :o

Labour of love - not sure I could do it!

Si.

Si.

Soldato
OP
It's a second car, definatly wouldn't use it as a daily drive, I bought a cheap focus at the same time for that. Reliability is always a possible problem but it's has all of the common fixes done and anything else the RAC card is for :) it's a case of the fun outweighs the risk.

Colour is called Spectraflair Silver it's one of those that changes in the light. Not cheap if it gets scratched, I think they quote several hundred a litre for the paint. The silver is more subtle than some of the others so easier to live with.

Next plan is driver training.

Back
Top Bottom