SC Check - employement

Soldato
OP
Cool.

Well the standard DBS takes a few weeks they've told me and I can then start once that goes through. (12th Dec ish)

Then the SC will be done and take a further 4 weeks.

If all goes well I wont have any problems.

Man of Honour
I think there must be another offence that has come up on the vetting other than a simple drugs possession many years ago. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. I have had a presentation a from recruitment about exactly what the process is and we spoke at length about the vetting process.

Vetting is all about risk management. If your ex had other convictions she didn't tell you about that were more serious or was known to be in contact with people who are shady, then that would account for the rejection, the fact they couldn't tell you the reason and very importantly, the suggestion that you would not be allowed to apply at a later date under the current circumstances.

I'm convinced there is more to this than you know now.

I thought the same. Probably his ex-wife had some other flag on file.

Associate
This is the thing people forget.

With SC and DV, it's not about what you've done in the past (although yes, that can have a bearing), it's about you being direct, open and honest about it.

Remember, this isn't you telling them what you've done. This is you confirming to them what they already know. If it happened to you, and you declare it, when you're vetted (although for SC, most even aren't) they might just ask you about it.

Being honest, your little incident pales into insignificance compared to some of the things I know people have successfully been vetted against (for both SC and DV)

I’m going through this now I’m worried my finances will make them think I’m susceptible to bribes. I’m worry a lot I’ve been open and honest but have they become more strict over The years?

Soldato
I’m going through this now I’m worried my finances will make them think I’m susceptible to bribes. I’m worry a lot I’ve been open and honest but have they become more strict over The years?
don't worry you will be fine, remember with your finances if you've got a phone contract declare that as rhats the only thing I got pulled up on as the way o2 did it is as a loan which I didnt think off.
My finances are far from perfect and had nl issues. Depending on the level of clearance you are getting you'll have a lovely long interview. Bear in mind one of the things about higher level of clearance is that you shouldn't divulge what clearance if any you have and normally is very strict on who knows where you work let alone what you do.

Soldato
All well and good until you have everyone listing jobs as requiring SC/DV all over the place, if you apply for one of those jobs stating you have it, surely then by divulging it you should then lose it. If I were foreign intelligence compiling a list of SC cleared citizens I'd be setting up fake jobs and agencies to lure them all in.

Soldato
All well and good until you have everyone listing jobs as requiring SC/DV all over the place, if you apply for one of those jobs stating you have it, surely then by divulging it you should then lose it. If I were foreign intelligence compiling a list of SC cleared citizens I'd be setting up fake jobs and agencies to lure them all in.
Yeh that's true although i'm sure you can likely find out if they're a list X or list N (Nuclear) company. if not then don't apply.

I do think that a lot of people don't understand that having SC clearance for example does come with responsibilities. I mean facebook for example most people are on it, a large portion don't understand how much of their data is on it and how accessible it is if their facebook isn't locked down. I personally know of a lot of people including some in security who have their place of work listed and even worse in some cases their job.
Makes targetting individuals very easy.
When applying for where i work there job title is very generic, the role spec is very generic. My job title is very much different than that what i applied for.

Back
Top Bottom